“Don't Judge a Restaurant by Its Name”
Review of Newk's Eatery

Newk's Eatery
Ranked #50 of 573 Restaurants in Katy
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Where It Started Newk's was founded in 2004 by Don Newcomb, Debra Bryson and Chris Newcomb in Oxford, Mississippi. The team had previously founded McAlister's Deli and transformed the restaurant into one of the fastest-growing, fast-casual restaurants of the time. After providing a solid foundation and establishing strong upward growth for McAlister's Deli, they sold the chain and soon began to focus on their new venture, using an abbreviated version of "Newcomb" for the restaurant name. Who We Are We are in the restaurant business because we love food. We love eating food. We love preparing it. We love blending different flavors together, creating new recipes and improving on tried and true. We love searching far and wide to find the best ingredients. And, most of all, we love to see the smiles on our guests' faces when they taste our food for the first time and experience our difference. We are in the business of food. But, truly, it is a labor of love. Newk's Catering - We Cater, You Party! You know those classics with a culinary twist you only find at Newk's? Well, you can have them catered, too. One-of-a-kind Chicken Salad, Perfect Pimiento Cheese and Pesto Chicken. Salads fresh-tossed and layered with goodness. Oh-so-delicious dessert trays and more, brought right to you. So, whatever your social calendar has in store -from premier events and office gatherings to football games and surprise shindigs -it's no problem at all. Just call. Newk's Grab-N-Go - Fresh, Flavorful and Fast! Our guest craves convenience almost as much as they crave our fresh flavorful food. In addition to the usual call-ahead take-out orders, we offer a selection of our signature salads and sandwiches available for immediate pick-up. Stop by the Grab-n-Go cooler and find all your favorites.
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I drive by Newk's Eatery every day, and I had no desire to try it. It didn't sound appetizing.

Saturday, we tried to go to Uncle Julio's but the wait was too long. My wife suggested we try Newk's, and I'm glad we did.

I found the food to be very flavorful. I had the 5 Cheese Mac N Cheese with Pimento's and Bacon. It was delicious.

My wife really enjoyed the Caesar Salad and Tomato Basil soup. She said it was one of the best salad's she's ever had. There was plenty of greens and few stems like you typically see in a Caesar Salad. The bowl of soup was large and too much for her to finish.

My son liked his pepperoni pizza.

The restaurant has vibrant colors and a warm feel to it.

We liked Newk's, and we will be back

Reviewed 12 January 2017

My order of tomato soup and half of a sandwich was excellent. The service was also good, recommended for anyone.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

The soups are great after dental surgery. The staff is very friendly and courteous. Great experience all around!

Reviewed 26 September 2016

I kept passing this place on the way to Austin so decided to stop on the way back.They serve salads, soups, pizzas, and sandwiches, and you order and pay at a counter and then they bring you your food. Really similar to Jasons Deli. My sister and I split the veggie club and the margharita pizza. Veggie club was good but it wasn't a club at all. It was just a mushroom and pesto sandwich. The margharita pizza had no basil, but I still ate it all. It had a good flavor. Kids shared mac and cheese and pepperoni pizza, and they really liked it all, we ordered 4 kids meals and all 4 kids meals were eaten. For dessert we had chocolate cake, which honestly tastes exactly like Pepperidge Farm cake. It says it's their own recipe but I find it doubtful. It wasn't bad, though. Only downside is on the kids menu it says drinks are included and the cashier tried to charge me. I showed her that it says drinks are included and she looked really confused.She did not charge me, but my sister paid immediately after and she told my sister that she would have to charge her for the kids drink. My sister showed her again on the menu, and she had to call for a manager because she said it didn't feel right. Very odd.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Nice friendly service and the food was delicious. Everything was fresh and warm after a road trip this was relaxing spot before heading to hotel! Quiet , atmosphere relaxing and the desserts look great but not going there today! Think those calories would look better on someone else