“Flavorful gyro meat and nice patio to relax on”
Review of Bakkhus taverna

Bakkhus taverna
Ranked #9 of 84 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: near the boardwalk of Kemah
Reviewed 6 June 2017

My husband and I come here on an almost weekly basis to sit on the patio and eat tasty greek food. Their food is consistently good (but not great), even when there are few customers, which is when we like to come. I always have the gyro platter with parmesan fries, my husband has the gyro burrito which has fire feta in it, and we rotate between appetizers. Fire feta, dolmathes (grape leaves with beef and rice), and keftethes (meatballs). There was one time in our 2 years of coming here where the food wasn't as fresh as usual, and one really odd time where we sat on a full patio for 10 minutes and weren't acknowledged so we left. Their menu is much smaller than it used to be. I loved the crabcake sandwich and the sweet roll it was served on. There were also several hamburgers that were delicious that were taken away. Check their website to see lunch time specials and daily weekday dinner specials as well as happy hour half off glasses of house wine. Servers aren't the friendliest however they are quick, efficient, and always have our order correct so can't fault that.

1  Thank Sandy M

Reviewed 30 May 2017

We stop here for lunch whenever we're in Kemah. Service is fast and friendly. It's a bar/restaurant with seating inside or out. Great food. Love their parmesan fries!

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

I would have given a higher rating because the food was fresh, but the service was poor. The beignets were cold when finally delivered to table. The triple hummus appetizer is not worth the cost; two of the three were wrong items and by the time the correct ones were delivered the pitas were cold. The entrees were all good and generous portions and saved the overall dining experience.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

8 adults descended upon Bakkhus and we were pleasantly surprised. The menu had fun quirks and there are items on the menu for the youngsters as well.
We sat outside and our server was delightful. Especially putting up with our group. He added to the nights fun.
The food was really good. The hummus had a nice twist, the cheese on fire was enjoyed by everyone. I and hubby had the salmon with veggies and orzo pasta and it was delicious. Couple in the group had Giro and enjoyed.
All in all a very good evening in a laid back unpretentious restaurant.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Genuine very good Greek food, but the service is terrible. Been ordering take out two times now. First time asked for an extra order of Tzatziki and didn't get it, even though they charged for it. This time I called for ordering a pick up and the lady who answered said: give me a second which lasted for 10 min hold on phone and when I called again she said can't remember I talked with you before, she must have worked for United Airline. And this time they forgot the French fries that should have come with the Gyro Platter.