“Good Food, great band!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We went here to try the food and had bowls of gumbo. They were delicious. But of more importance, they had a band called "Checkered Past", with no cover change. The band was one of the best that I have heard. When they return, I'll come back for more food and adult beverages.

On Thursdays, they ran a $4.00 "you call it". Heck of a good deal, but service was kind of sloooowwwww. Other than that, worth a trip back. Ample self-parking.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This place is first & foremost a big bar/band venue. It fills up at night.

It's also a decent choice for lunch. Try the Philly cheese steak or the Po'boys. Be sure to get the sweet potato fries.

The brunch is just so so. Too many better brunch options in the area.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

We sat outside and was very nice. There menu was big. I had a catfish basket and had to take some home. You really get a lot of food for your money and was really good. It was a big place with lots of outside covered seating and bar out there too. I think a lot of motorcycle guest must eat there. They had a large lot just for bikes at the door. I would go back there next time I am in the area.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We met some friends here recently for an early Friday dinner. We enjoyed the shrimp stuffed jalapeno appetizer although I thought it was overpriced. My fried shrimp basket with onion strings was good and others enjoyed their catfish. I would say though that this place doesn't have a large selection of seafood if that is what you desire. However there is a lot of other offerings that sounded really good. There is a great outdoor space to sit when the weather permits too.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

My husband and I usually go to Crazy Alan's Swamp Shack for our crawfish fix, however, we decided to give Jackie's a shot and were sorely disappointed. Our waitress wasn't too interested in taking care of us and the crawfish were unbelievably small. I think they threw in maybe 4 or 5 larger ones and the rest were ridiculous in size. We ordered 5 pounds and by the time we got to the last 30 or so, we gave up -- effort wasn't worth the time. Jackie's is a good place for sitting on the patio, listening to music, enjoying the weather and the cocktails.