“You have gotta try this place!!”

Jackie's Brickhouse
Ranked #13 of 80 Restaurants in Kemah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The beer selection is superb. I'd recommend trying the Saloon Door's Tasty AF Chocolate Stout which pairs nicely with one of their homemade burgers. Great date nite location with the love of my life! The waitstaff was awesome and the atmosphere was very much like the best sports bar you've ever been in. Try it, you won't have any regrets.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Jackie's Brickhouse is a classic-style roadhouse bar located in a hidden part of Kemah (to outsiders, who think that all of Kemah is there on the shore side of Highway 146).
The building is pretty big for a bar, sort of resembling a converted barn, with additions seeming to have been stuck on in places, like extra rooms, and a huge wrap-around deck where folks can sit and eat, drink and talk without the pounding music sometimes playing inside.
My wife and I enjoy coming to jackie's to see live cover bands play, and the audio inside is really pretty good. Trust me, it's definitely live music, loud and permeating everything. When one of the good rock cover bands come in town, and get to really going, it's a wonder that the service staff can take an order. I noted in some of the reviews complaints about prices being high... and I do not find them to be so. I am comparing to prices in Houston proper. I grant you, a pint is more at Jackie's than at a local-only bar down on the lake, for sure... but that's not where you are. Jackie's is a venue, really, not only a drinking hole. The people there are there to have a good time in a comfortable, relaxed and fun-loving environment... not just to sit and drink. The last time we were there we tried some of the food, some smoked chicken tacos (corn tortillas, chicken was really very good, real smoked taste, but it was served with red cabbage rather than lettuce, so personally for me it dropped a couple notches, but my lady loved them). We've been several times, and really enjoy going as a relaxed fun and casual date night.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We went here to try the food and had bowls of gumbo. They were delicious. But of more importance, they had a band called "Checkered Past", with no cover change. The band was one of the best that I have heard. When they return, I'll come back for more food and adult beverages.

On Thursdays, they ran a $4.00 "you call it". Heck of a good deal, but service was kind of sloooowwwww. Other than that, worth a trip back. Ample self-parking.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This place is first & foremost a big bar/band venue. It fills up at night.

It's also a decent choice for lunch. Try the Philly cheese steak or the Po'boys. Be sure to get the sweet potato fries.

The brunch is just so so. Too many better brunch options in the area.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

We sat outside and was very nice. There menu was big. I had a catfish basket and had to take some home. You really get a lot of food for your money and was really good. It was a big place with lots of outside covered seating and bar out there too. I think a lot of motorcycle guest must eat there. They had a large lot just for bikes at the door. I would go back there next time I am in the area.