“Great Seafood and Great View”

Guadalupe River Club
Ranked #59 of 127 Restaurants in Kerrville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 April 2016

We come here all the time because we live here. They do have the best fresh oyster, boiled shrimp and chicken wings. Somedays service is okay and somedays it's an hour wait. They have a very quick turn over of servers so I don't know if it's the work place or what. But whatever the problem is, we will alwyas be back for their seafood and the beauriful view of the Guadalupe River. Never fails to impress my out of town visitors.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

This quaint bar and restaurant was recommended by the Hampton Inn hotel staff. Since we're from New Orleans, we know a thing or two about good food and restaurants, and were a bit hesitant to try seafood in this area of Texas. The boiled shrimp were so large they had names and were spiced and cooked to absolute perfection, well chilled and simply divine. A pound went down like there was no tomorrow, so we tried the fried shrimp and were also not disappointed. We highly recommend this bar and restaurant; you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

My group went in three times while we were staying at the Roddy Tree cabins which was very nice but the Guadalupe River Club not so much... We were stared down by locals and not waited on very quickly. The place was not very busy and they took there time getting us our drinks but the food was the real wait. it took them an hour to get our food out. The steaks we ordered were cook properly and were tasty but couldn't realy enjoy the meal with the stares coming from some tables and the bar inside. I don't want to say it was cause we were Hispanic but it sure felt that way. The last day we were there I was the DD for my group and at the 2am mark the owner or GM who was there every night we were there stands at our table and yells to get the hell out and that she was taking our tables drinks as she stares at us but not at any other table or person in the establishment.... Even the table next to us asked us what we had done? I guess being a table of minorities is what we did wrong, cause we were all just chilling at our table. We even had to local women sitting at our table who we invited to join us since they had no where else to sit and no one in there offered them a seat. I hope I am wrong about what we all felt.If it was a race thing, its a sad reality I'm giving the service a average rating cause the server did a better job the last 2 days after she noticed we tiped very well.

1  Thank Paco H
Reviewed 7 March 2016

OMG, does this place have a GM or was owner on vacation or what? The only reason we stayed to eat was because it was so nice out and we could eat on the deck over looking the river. When we arrived there were several waitresses on duty, all busy and no one would look at us, they should have a hostess. I walked up to 2 waitress who were talking and said, can we sit outside, she said, " sit where ever you want but you're not going to get waited on for along time!" She was right, 35 minutes before anyone gave us menus! We got our own drinks at the bar. Our waitress was adorable and very apologetic and that's the only reason we didn't leave. The kitchen was not properly staffed and the dish washer had to help the 1 cook on duty cook so the waitresses had to wash their own dishes. We did see several people get up and leave because their food was taking so long. When our food finally came out it was very good. We all had raw oysters on the half shell and fried seafood combos. The food and the prices were great so that part I would give a 5 but the fact that there seemed to be no management and total chaos for those young waitresses, bartender and 1 waiter I can only give it a 3.
Who the heck is the GM or owner of this place, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Went to this restaurant as a hotel recommendation...big mistake. Very limited menu selection and food served was well below average. This went hand in hand with the sub par service offered.

The only reason the revived a two rating was due to a good draught beer selection.

1  Thank Lifeontheroad