Llanorado Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kingsland
See available hotels
The Antlers(Kingsland)
View Hotel
Willow Point Resort(Buchanan Dam)
View Hotel
Horseshoe Bay Resort(Horseshoe Bay)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Marble Falls(Marble Falls)
View Hotel
Hill Country Motel(Marble Falls)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We needed a place to stay on Memorial Day weekend in the Kingsland area, we were calling late and tried many other lodgings/resorts with no luck. We called Llanorado Lodge as a last resort.

We were told that they had plenty of rooms left for that weekend, which should have been a red flag right then since everyone else was booked solid, but we needed a place to stay for a family reunion so we booked a cabin for three nights.

Here's our experience:

Arrival - this place is right on the highway. No fence, no barriers of any kind at all.
We parked and went inside to check in and were greeted by an older surly looking woman who said, "what do you need?" She wasn't being necessarily rude, but c'mon who greets guests that way?

We introduced ourselves and the children and she immediately asked if the kids were going to be "loud?" And then proceeded to explain to us that she and her husband "don't want any loud children running around". We would have left at that point if there had been any other options. We told her that our kids were well behaved and got our cabin keys.

We asked if they had a pool and she said "no, we thought about putting one in once, but we decided we didn't want to hassle with loud children all the time". And then she just stared at us. Didn't say "have a nice stay", didn't say "call if you need anything", just a "get out" stare.

Our cabin:

INSIDE - our "recently renovated" cabin we booked did have a new"ish" looking Kohl's type bedspread and, almost, matching valence on the window, but no other renovation that I could tell.

We're at the lake, so dated furniture is just part of the experience, no big deal. But the bed with the two big impressions in them did NOT look inviting at all. And proved to be as comfortable as it looked in the end.

The BATHROOM - VERY outdated. The shower was such that my wife only took one shower in our 3 day stay. We are not elitists in any form or fashion, but at least try to get get the black, moldy grime in the corners cleaned!

OUTSIDE - on the back "porch" there were a couple of chairs and a table and grass with a wonderful view of the HIGHWAY! When we booked, we were told that "every room has a view of the lake". Not even close. Maybe if I had hung from the roof with one hand, but other than that no view at all, EXCEPT the highway.

The grass had been mown but the clippings had just been left on the ground, no problem there, except there were so many sticker burrs in those clipping that the first time I stepped out onto the grass my pant legs came up with stickers galore. 10 minutes lost to sticker removal.

Then there is the highway. Approximately 40-50' away from the porch is the road. In between the porch and road is nothing, zilch, nada.

Porch, sticker laden grass, road.

The stickers in the grass are not going to be a problem, because I would NEVER allow my small children to play next to that road. Cars coming by doing 45+mph and not even a small fence to keep kids, balls, frisbees away from it. The owner was not kidding when she said they didn't want kids around.

RESORT GROUNDS - we didn't spend that much time on the grounds except to walk around once and down to the lake. The clothes line with large underwear made the scene perfect, as the obviously long term RV rentals, WITH a lake view mind you, don't seem to care about any other of the resorts guests or their expectations.

In the end -

We wound up spending 99% of the weekend with our family at a different resort at LBJ. I will not name it here so that I can't be blamed for working for them. I will say that it seemed to be totally different than Llanorado Lodge though. My wife took her other showers there btw, so you don't think she just ran around mucky all weekend.

So, we made it through the weekend and barely got a goodbye from the owner when we checked out on Monday. Obviously, we will not stay there again. And I even waited awhile to put this review up, because I thought I might feel differently about the stay after I let it sit for awhile. But I could never get it down.

The other reason I'm writing at this time is because I spoke with my uncle who said they were having a grand opening this Labor Day weekend. He said that the old owners got out.

So maybe the place will improve, I asked my uncle if the new owners had done anything about that fence situation and he told me no.

I will say this though, even if everything else is fixed, unless they get some sort of barrier there, it is simply a matter of time until something tragic happens there. And until that time we would never stay there again.

Good luck with your travels!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else at any price.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank D
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

Family had rented a house but my wife and I wanted to come early so got a room for 3 nights. The room was clean and nice. The managers were very nice and we would highly recommend it. The house that we were planing on staying at wasn't ready by checkout time here and they let us stay until we could check in at other place!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

with the horrible drought this year we wanted a nice place to go with our kids before going back to school. Someone told us about LBJ lake(the lake is awesome). After the many places to choose from I came across llanorado lodge online two days before we were to leave. The lady on the phone was very friendly and made me feel like i was going be taken care of. We were a bit late upon arriving, but the owner had no problem waiting for us. She greeted us with a smile and made sure we had everything we needed ( as far as an extra roll away bed or blankets ) before handing me the keys.The cabin took me back to when my grandfather use to take us to the lake, not to mention that it smelled and was also very clean . I wanted my kids to have the same experiance. Sometimes its good to let your kids experieance the basics. The owners were very nice and the lodge was very tranquil. My husband forgot his asthma meds and became extremely ill the last night we were there, and the owners did all they could to make him feel better. They tried to find him some meds. We rented a boat for the kids at splash rentals and they two were very friendly. We really enjoyed our stay. We have decided to make this a yearly trip llanorado lodge will be our choice. Thank you for everything even the laundry soap. We appreciate your hospitality!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank chuliboo
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We had an awesome 2 days here. If you want to get away for a few days (go fishing, etc.) I thought the rooms that were redone were very quaint and charming. They even welcomed my puppy!!! It was very relaxing and I wish them the best!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marlene d
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My girlfriend and I travel to Kingsland twice a month if not more during water sports season. We are huge wakesurfers, wake boarders and wakeskators. We travel here with our Malibu Wakesetter. This place is perfect, close to three boat launch areas that are nice, convenient parking for people with boats (expensive boats) and is a safe area for anyone. It's not the Ritz, but it is clean (I am a director of housekeeping) and the owners have a southern charm. The cabin, number 9, was perfect with a kitchenette, queen bed and decent size bathroom. We checked out and the owners aloud us to keep boat parked there while we spent sometime exploring.

We are simple people with expectations of clean, safe and hospitable people when we stay somewhere. We will be back and recommend this place to stay, especially to those looking for water sport hideaways! Thank you Llanorado for a great stay.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends