All reviews indoor pool texas hill country up to date hot tub condo deer cantina spa amenities
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

15 or 20 years ago, this resort would have been pretty good, I bet. While there were serious problems, the property is dated and showing signs of wear and tear. Far too many deer roam the island, too.

I wouldn't return.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise K
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

My wife and I came here and rented from Obi on AirBnB. - We have to say that we absolutely LOVED the stay. The location was perfect for a couple and the condo was great for all of the amenities offered. The pool areas are nice and the grilling area was great too.

Oddly enough, there are a good amount of deer around the island, which is pretty interesting. The views are great and it was relaxing. We rarely encountered other people during our stay.

Since we didn't actually go on the lake, I can't comment on what that experience would have been like. However, for the cost of the trip, this was excellent and we definitely will look into coming back again in the future.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 3 May 2016

We stayed at The Island on Lake Travis and found it to be beautiful for a venue for this small family gathering of about 50. We were arriving with little time to find our bearings so were glad the event was in this complex. We were just one floor up from the event. We found our room on Airbnb. See my review there - Peggy to Obi. That condo was great. Great value and great host. Impeccably clean and well decorated and equipped. Perfect location for us for both the dinner as well as the wedding the next day at Nature's Point, 5 miles away. Both were on the lake. Others stayed in individual houses found on VRBO. The island had a clean pool and welcome hot tub that was not crowded. The indoor pool looked great too if I had more time. I could have used the salon if it were open. It looked less well cared for. There was also a good work out room which was unoccupied.

Room tip: I had a great price for a 1 bedroom through Airbnb.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Booked here through VRBO. It was a good stay overall. Even in the winter, there were beautiful sunsets from the balcony. Would make another trip back in the spring or summer with warmer weather.
The only downfall was the price. With it being a slower time of year, I would have liked the rates to be a little lower.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Adventurer576511
Reviewed 15 January 2016

The Island is in serious need of a property manager. The place looks amazing as you drive up but once you are inside the gates you can tell this is more of an older living community rather than a resort. I saw at least 4 cats in the parking garage which explains the urine odor throughout the main level and the parking garage seems to be a storage when people can leave random items around their parking spot. The place needs a good pressure, some night security and animal control!

Date of stay: January 2016