“Off the beaten path but worth finding.”

The Grille At Rough Hollow
Ranked #5 of 60 Restaurants in Lakeway
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highlands Blvd
Description: The Grille at Rough Hollow is perched above the Rough Hollow Yacht Club on the beautiful shores of Lake Travis. Fantastic American fare at friendly prices, welcoming and experienced staff and views of Lake Travis's legendary sunsets, The Grille is Austin's premiere spot to enjoy the splendor of Texas Hill Country.The Rough Hollow Pavillion, situated just steps from the restaurant, is a singularly spectacular venue for your larger events. With The Grille's in-house catering and staffing, this is a must-see if you're hosting a wedding, gala, charity event, or any other large-scale gathering.
Reviewed 14 January 2018

The grill overlooks the lake and nearby pool. It has inside and out seating as well as a nice inside bar. Happy Hour from 3 - 6 along with a full menu. Quality and service were top of the line.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

While displaced during the Harvey event, I was in Round Rock and learned a coworker was staying in Lakeway. We decided to meet for dinner, and this was the closest place to her rental condo. My expectations were mid-level given my past experience with neighborhood places even in upper middle class areas similar to this one.

Valet service seems to be a hallmark of most of the restaurants I've now visited in the area, and that evening was no exception. It is nice to be able to move from car to dining without searching for parking place and asking friends to trek in heels. The valet was exceptionally friendly in the very brief exchange.

Having called earlier, I was told no reservations, but that the hostess would place a name down. We were later than the expected time, but were seated immediately. There were few empty tables, and all of the dishes seen on neighboring tables looked delicious.

I ordered the snapper, and my coworker ordered steak--she orders it well done so I frankly don't know if it was as good as she claimed it was... she claimed to enjoy it, even if most would consider a well-done steak not representative of an establishment's quality. A few minutes after ordering, while sipping decently balanced gin and tonics, our server, Justin, came back to apologize. Apparently there was no more snapper. He had already placed an order for the salmon to ensure the possibility of the two entrees appearing concurrently, but wanted to see if that proactive effort met with my approval. Of course this substitution was in the vein of the original order; his speed and independent judgment are rare these days and further emphasized the excellent servers and hostesses at this restaurant.

My fish was fresh and flavorful, and the overall quality of the sides was evident as well. If I lived in the area, this would probably become a frequent mid-week dinner spot. There is a brunch, Sundays from 11am to 2pm, that I would like to try on my next trip given the high quality of the food and service experienced.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We had been wanting to go here for some time. Finally - and not disappointed. At the suggestion of another TA review I had the seafood enchiladas and they were wonderful. Ordering two was too much for one meal but the leftovers made for a great breakfast the next day. My husband enjoyed the Philly Cheese Steak - less green peppers. Valet parking helped as at night as the site is very dark and we would not have found parking. Drive in slow as the deer on the road are plentiful. We want to return in the daylight and enjoy the food and check out the view of the lake country.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I highly recommend eating at The Grille at Rough Hollow. The restaurant is very nice and the outdoor area is even better. Has a nice covered outdoor area with fans and heaters or you can sit in the total open air area with wonderful lake views.

The food was amazing and the margarita was great too.

We will certainly come back again next time we are in the Lakeway area.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The Grille has very good food and a great environment.
The seafood enchiladas are awesome, the tacos are very good. It's a great place for an evening meal.

Been to The Grille At Rough Hollow? Share your experiences!