All reviewslakeway arealake travisfront desknorma jeanpool areabiscuits gravybreakfast barcomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againhot tubupon checkyogurtvery nice hotelaustinweddinghieelevator
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Hotel was nice and front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Room was also nice, but we had no shampoo or soap, and another in our group had no towels. When reported, they did bring us some up fairly quickly. Also, kept running out of towels at the pool because very few were provided. Otherwise, staff was friendly and hotel was nice and clean. Problems were small and resolved easily. Good selection on complimentary breakfast buffet. Comfortable bed and pillows.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
HIELakeway_Mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Barbwhite59,

Thanks for the review from your stay with us. I am sorry that you had some issues while you were here, but I am glad that my staff was able to assist you with your requests in a timely manner. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Lakway.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

I am a business traveler and I cannot say enough for the hospitality given to me during my stay. Matt Swartzbaugh their general manager was able to insure I received a quiet area ie their board room to conduct my very important conf call. He said, "Take your time this room is your's for a couple hours if needed". I needed enough room for my conf call papers on a table. I actually expected to be in the lobby area where their is obvious noise. Wow! Awesome!! Thanks Matt.
Doug

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Doug,

I am glad that I was able to ensure that you had a quiet space to take that call. We hope to see you again in lakeway.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My mom passed away last Monday unexpectedly and numerous family members traveled at the last minute to Lakeway, Texas. The people at the hotel could not be more accommodating, understanding, kind and made us feel like family. It started with such a nice card from the young lady that worked behind the counter and helped us with the reservation - I am having a brain fart and can’t remember her name but she knows who she is. She gave us a comforting and nice card upon arrival and had such a warm smile and kind word every time we saw her. The manager handled some extra things we needed with grace and kindness. Nothing was to much to ask and he made things just happen when we needed. My new friend from Sri Lanka who works there was beyond kind as well. Congrats to them all and be comfortable staying here for sure.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thanks for your kind words, and my staff and I are sorry for you loss. Please let us know if you need anything!

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I spent Friday night, May 11 at this very nice Holiday Inn Express. I need a ADA room and shower as I use a walker and scooter. Management was very efficient and helpful with check in and even had a helper with my two small bags. The room was quiet, and very comfortable. Shower and bathroom was perfect. New modern roll in shower. They provide a shower chair, as I forgot mine, and that was very nice.

My only problem was the $189.00 rate with taxes equaled $214 plus. There were parking places in the morning, so I don't know if was a sell out. I am a REWARDS member and also senior citizen. Yes, it was Mothers Day weekend, but that was Saturday night. I was alone on business Friday evening, and Saturday morning.

Room Tip: All items were excellent. Breakfast was very nice with helpful staff.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
HIELakeway_Mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Jim,

Thanks for your recent review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

While checking out the Lakeway area near Austin as a potential retirement location, we spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express Lakeway. We found the room to be very clean and comfortable. We had plenty of space and the bed was very comfortable.

What stood out most was Bonney at the front desk. She could not have been more pleasant or helpful. She was a wealth of information, providing us with information about the local area. She also made a recommendation for a local restaurant, which we then visited and really enjoyed. It's ambassadors like her that would make us want to stay at this hotel next time we're in the area. Hat's off to Bonney!

We would also like to compliment Norma, who was managing the breakfast area. She was also very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
HIELakeway_Mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thanks for the great review of your recent stay with us in Lakeway. We appreciate the feedback, and I am happy to hear that Bonney helped to make your stay great.