“Good food that comes out quick ”
Review of El Sombrero

El Sombrero
Ranked #48 of 241 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

First a confession, I come to Longview several times a year but I still get lost. I was looking for Little Mexico but my GPS took me to a sushi place. Interesting sense of humor. I saw this and decided to try it. There sign says that they are the home of the white quesso so I had to try it. I had avocado stuffed with chicken and it was fantastic. It comes with rice but I asked if I could get beans instead and told no problem, so extra points.

1  Thank Guy H

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Try the white sauce! You will love it. There is always more food than you can eat at one setting. The white sauce is the best. The service is good too!

Reviewed 9 January 2016

We love El Sombrero, but owners, please know that the service is going downhill! The last 3 times we have been there, it has been nothing like it used to be when you were onsite! Our waitress tonight was rude, did not get my order correct, and never checked on what we may need. We asked another waiter for a refill on salsa but never got it. We noticed that the general morale, from the checking area to the wait staff, is not at all like it has been in the past.

2  Thank Marshall2
Reviewed 7 November 2015

I love their menu, not the same old Tex Mex as others. The service is always quick and polite and the food is delivered quickly. Great chips and salsa also.

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Best Mexican food ever! White queso and salsa to die for. The cheese enchilladas are my favorite. They have a dish called papa nachos. Waffle fries that come with chicken or fajita meat with onion and peppers smothered in white queso. Sounds kind of strange but it is delicious!