“Decent Tex-Mex and plenty of it”
Review of El Sombrero

El Sombrero
Ranked #50 of 239 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 November 2016

We had a nice lunch here while visiting family in Longview. The food is good and the servings plentiful. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and had great service. The menu is quite large with a wide variety of selections. I really enjoyed the black beans instead of the refried. I didn't have one but the margaritas looked pretty good. I watched the bartender make them and he used good ingredients instead of mixes.

1  Thank JubileeBlue

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

This is the best place for margaritas, hands down. I've been coming here for years because of them. The service may not be 5 star but they are friendly, and that's a plus!! They even have some great entrees, if you're interested in that sort of thing!

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

First a confession, I come to Longview several times a year but I still get lost. I was looking for Little Mexico but my GPS took me to a sushi place. Interesting sense of humor. I saw this and decided to try it. There sign says that they are the home of the white quesso so I had to try it. I had avocado stuffed with chicken and it was fantastic. It comes with rice but I asked if I could get beans instead and told no problem, so extra points.

1  Thank Guy H
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Try the white sauce! You will love it. There is always more food than you can eat at one setting. The white sauce is the best. The service is good too!

Reviewed 9 January 2016

We love El Sombrero, but owners, please know that the service is going downhill! The last 3 times we have been there, it has been nothing like it used to be when you were onsite! Our waitress tonight was rude, did not get my order correct, and never checked on what we may need. We asked another waiter for a refill on salsa but never got it. We noticed that the general morale, from the checking area to the wait staff, is not at all like it has been in the past.

2  Thank Marshall2