“I’m Bummed...”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #64 of 625 Restaurants in Lubbock
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Ordered a medium rare bone in ribeye steak, green beans and a broccoli and cheese casserole. The server was very nice but I guess I did not ask the right questions like what’s in the broccoli casserole. Well the broccoli casserole has more rice than broccoli and with my diet I’m not allowed to eat rice or bread so I could not eat the broccoli casserole. As far as my steak was cooked it was rare had to send it back to be heated up and still pretty rare around the bone afterwards. I don’t blame the nice waitress I blame myself for not asking enough questions.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Ate lunch here today. First time visit. Service was average at best. Started out by ordering coffee to drink only to be advised they would have to brew it. Fresh coffee is nice but couldn't believe it was already ready for lunch. Started out with queso and chips. Had the spicy beef added to it which was really tasty. The problem was that it came out with pieces of chips as opposed to real chips. I had to ask the server to bring me some actual chips out in order to enjoy it.
I ordered the Trio Treats Sampler which included potato skins, cheese bites and chicken strips. After a small wait I was informed that they were out of cheese bites and was asked if they could substitute something else. Told them to just add extra skins and strips.
The meal arrived and it looked good. But looks can be deceiving. The skins were actually burnt. Crispy is one thing, but both crispy and crunchy it way to done. The breading on the chicken strips was way over the top. The chicken itself was tasty but the breading was just too much. I rarely leave food on my plate anywhere but I left over half of my meal today. My server never once asked how my meal was or if I need anything else.
First time visit and don't see a return visit anytime in the future.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

I was exhausted from taking a 4 hour exam and wanted to eat good food at a nice place.
The atmosphere was excellent and the service superb.
I ordered the steak and ribs, my wife ordered the steak and shrimp.
I started with a caesar salad. We waited a while. It arrived just before the entrees. Not a good sign.
The salad was good and large enough to split with my wife. Or at least start to split because the food arrived right after the salad. The salad was good though (I finished it before turning my attention to the meal).
My wife said her steak was done just right (medium), was tender, and the shrimp were delicious.
My ribs were very good. A little tough, but really reasonable for a non-BBQ place. The loaded potato did not meet my expectations. To me, a loaded baked potato has butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, and chives. Not here. It just came with a little butter and cheese. Oh well. the ribs were good.
I ordered the steak well done. Not shoe leather, well done. Some places can cook it well done and still keep it tender. Some places can season it to my liking. Strike two. It was shoe leather. The only seasoning seemed to be cracked peppercorns. I couldn't finish it.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We had a meal here just before Thanksgiving. I had the chicken pot pie and my wife had a chicken strips. Portions are good but the food is just ok nothing special. Wait staff seems
like they need a little more training. Ok but just not quite up to par. This is a no surprise if you accept mediocre. We have been to several Cheddar's around the state and this one is not the best.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Came here Saturday night and it was super crowded but the food was delicious:) Our waiter was adorable; it was his first night and he was a little nervous but did fantastic :) good atmosphere and good service!