“Want some delicious soup !”
Review of Jason's Deli

Jason's Deli
Ranked #58 of 613 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I decided for the week of Lent that I was just going to eat soup everyday until Easter. I couldn't find a place and that served excellent soup at a good price. My friend recommended Jason's Deli. I thought Jason's Deli only made sandwiches and had a salad bar. To my surprise the vegetarian vegetable and the vegetarian tomato soups were amazing. We went a little bit before 12 p.m. on a weekday, but it was getting pretty packed. So I advise you if you do want to come here, the soups are amazing but get here before lunch time. I will definitely be coming back again next time I'll try the salad bar.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

It's been probably 30 years since I was last in a Jason's Deli and that was in Houston, TX. I remembered humongous sandwiches, dill pickles and fast service. Last Friday, Sweetie and I were in Lubbock and I suggested we eat at Jason's. We got there, ordered quickly, and waited maybe 7 or 8 minutes for our order to be filled. I got the 3/4 lb pastrami and corned beef combo sandwich, Sweetie got the chicken salad. As we were waiting, I noticed they had seafood gumbo and I just had to try some. We got our orders and took them back to our motel.

First off, the gumbo was OUTSTANDING!! Being Cajun, I definitely know good gumbo and this was great gumbo! My combo sandwich was just as large and delicious as I remember. Sweetie's chicken salad sandwich was just the right size for her and tasted great.

Go to Jason's!!

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

We love a good sandwich and soup and Jason's Deli was right across the street. My husband and I both got half sandwich and soup. The food was good. My sandwich was missing the lettuce and my husband asked for no tomato on his. Besides all that....things were good. A sandwich is a sandwich. He got fruit and I got baked chips. Fruit was an extra charge on mine. I got a cup of beef stew (seasonal) and it had only one piece of meat in there and it was all potatoes and peas. My husband got some chicken chili with his meal. The root beer was awesome. And the ice cream was a treat at the end. We will be back. Good lunch

Reviewed 24 January 2017

After a long day on the room, it was great having Jason's Deli next to the Hampton Inn (and two other hotels).

It was fairly quiet (about 9:30 p.m. - and the deli closed at 10 p.m.).

We had the beef stew - which was (unfortunately) more like vegetable soup with some beef - not very thick of stewish.

But ,it was nutritious and got an ice cream cone at the end of the meal!!

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I was so surprised to see organic food and real olive oil on the salad bar. They even have roasted sweet potatoes!!! Very clean restaurant, very friendly employees. Great black current tea. Soup tasted so good!!! We will be back!

Been to Jason's Deli? Share your experiences!