“Good place for decent seafood”

Rockfish Seafood Grill
Ranked #62 of 631 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Tired of Texas BBQ for dinner every night? The Rockfish is an excellent alternative. It has the appearance of iconic Texas roadhouses; but it's cleaner than most of them. The waitstaff is attentive and courteous. We both had a salmon dish, each prepared in different ways. Overall, I rate this place very good. Give it a try.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

The house margarita is better than most Mexican restaurant margs! Strong too! Seafood is good as well. I like the shrimp enchiladas or fried shrimp. Fried oysters are huge. I think they’re from the Pacific Ocean. Anyway, try a margarita on the rocks and an appetizer in the cozy bar. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I had the 1/2 shrimp poboy with the creamy roasted jalapeño soup. The soup was warm, not hot. The poboy was ok. Service was good. My wife had the clam chowder and grilled shrimp poboy. She liked her meal. Overall I felt it was just an average meal.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

We've eaten here before and had no problem. I expect it was the crowding with the Christmas rush that provided a few mishaps this time.
We ordered an appetizer plate. The calamari was cooked just right. The three cheese spinach dip was excellent, and the volcano shrimp surprised me. I dreaded the thought that flames would shoot out of both of my ears with the first bite, but I found the shrimp to be reasonable spiced, not burn off eyebrows prior to entering mouth hot.
My wife ordered softshell crab. She loves softshell crab and this was the only place in Lubbock where we found them on the menu. Too bad we found it on our last day here (I graduate from law school today).
Her softshell crab was a little overcooked. But she enjoyed the coleslaw. The crispy fries I will describe later.
I ordered the triple combo - blackened catfish, fried shrimp and fried oysters (I hate oysters but my wife loves them). There was a miscommunication between the waitress (not your fault CC) and the cook. They misread the ticket as a special, not the combo. It happens, especially with the Christmas rush. The manager was quick to correct it, so we weren't too put out.
The catfish was excellent. Blackened without too much blackening seasoning (I've had it elsewhere so seasoned I couldn't eat it). The shrimp were just right and my wife said the oysters were cooked perfectly too.
Now for the fries. I like crispy fries. The menu said crispy fries. Sigh.
The fries sucked. Oh, sorry, I should be politically correct. They were like a vacuum. Limp, barely cooked,elongated pieces of potato.
I would give this restaurant a 4.25 to 4.5 but the ratings want a whole number.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Service was great and so was our server but the kitchen is terribly slow. I ordered Ahi tuna raw and after the long wait arrived cooked. Server was extremely nice and brought out another but it was seared because fillet was obviously frozen, I could not eat it. I ordered grilled Brussels sprouts as a side, burnt to a crisp. What a wreck of a meal at $16.00. Catfish platter was good. Cajun pasta was ordered in our party as well and it was good.

Been to Rockfish Seafood Grill? Share your experiences!