“Love the Prime Rib and salad bar”
Review of Cattle Baron

Cattle Baron
Ranked #53 of 619 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2015

I used to live in Lubbock and this was always one of my favorite places to eat. Each time I go back to visit, it's on my must do list. They have the best prime rib I've ever eaten and I've tried it at many places in Texas. Oh, and the salad bar is totally awesome too! It has everything you can imagine on it and it is delicious! I highly recommend this as a place to eat when in Lubbock.

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

Went there for Sunday lunch with friends had to wait to be seated there was hardly anybody in the restaurant don't know why we had to wait service was terrible could not get bread to our table took forever to get our food everyone look like they hated coming to work that day

1  Thank Jay B
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Hot soup, fresh vegetables for all your salad needs. This salad bar has it all, if you don't see something you can ask some items are just seasonal. But the Cattle Baron has more than just a salad bar there are Steaks, Chicken and of course Prime Rib all very enjoyable and cooked to your liking. If you like rare get there early.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

My husband and I stopped at the Cattle Baron for lunch while running errands one day and were completely shocked by the fact that we didn't know this restaurant served such great food. We always drove by it and never gave it a second glance. I had their chicken fried chicken and my husband had one of their burgers. The chicken was very juicy, flavorful, and the breading was perfect underneath the gravy. The potatoes were not dry at all, which indicated they were made fresh and weren't sitting under a heat light. My husband's burger was juicy as well, with great flavor and we both finished our entire meal in one sitting. (I usually have to take some of it home with me!) The service was prompt, and the server was very friendly. He didn't linger and he wasn't excessively chatty. We enjoyed a very peaceful dining experience and I'm very much looking forward to returning.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

We had a very nice long lunch visiting with a friend I had not seen in a long while. The salad bar was awesome and the lunch specials were very good. Enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere.