“Home style cooking”
Review of Red Zone Cafe

Red Zone Cafe
Ranked #28 of 629 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American
Description: Total Diner....Totally Great. If you are expecting a 5 star eatery...stay away...if you want great service, go with the flow, hang with the locals and enjoy a blue plate special....go forth and conquer. I had grilled chiken with the Veggie of the Day, mashed taters, plus a cup of Chicken Gumbo...all was wonderful. I like my mashed taters with a little more of the skins and lumpier but hey that is just me...this is straight up out of the scooper with the rounded top b.c they were done with the ice cream spoon hahaha. Service is friendly and everyone knows everyone. I did not see anyone smoking or ashtrays on the tables so that was a plus for me. Parking is a little tricky. They also have a drive thru. Prices you cannot beat! Easy location too. Support your local community...do not eat at the chain places.
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Just wanted good home cooked food without any fluff. Fried catfish, red potatoes, corn and a bowl of cabbage soup were just the ticket. Top that with some pecan pie and life is good. Plain, simple, and good. What more do you want?

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

I wanted a diner because of the variety and quality they generally offer, Red Zone delivers everything. They are fast, friendly and efficient. The food is fantastic and you could see other's enjoying their's as well. You can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Very good food every time. I've had lunch and breakfast here for years and have never been let down. Great breakfast, super hamburgers, wonderful chicken fried steak. All at a budget price. It says something when the wait staff has been there for years.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

One of the best mom & pop places in Lubbock. The staff (most ) have been here a long time, which speaks well of the place

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

It was one of the closet places to grab a meal so we stopped in. Wonderful and friendly staff. Breakfast, lunch or dinner any time of day. The burgers were very tasty. Went back twice more the same week.