“Excellent Sushi!!”

Ranked #49 of 679 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hayashi si Lubbock's premier Japanese steakhouse and sushi bar. We offer a varity of different seating arrangements to accommidate each of our guest. From the entertainment of the Hibachi grill to the quite table for two. You are sure to find what you need at Hayashi.
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Stopped here for a buisness dinner and what a treat it was. The sushi rolls were AMAZING a must try if your in Lubbock.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We went for my grandson enjoys their chicken fried rice.
A steak was ordered and it was thought that the sole of ones shoe is softer and in fact may have a better flavor.
Three other dishes were ordered and delivered in a NOT timely fashion. They were not edible for all the salt. Salt licks have less sodium than the "food" they served.
Extremely expensive and there simply no excuse for the bad quality of food used nor the manner in which it is "prepared"

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I went here because the Thai place next door was closed. I'm glad it was. The West Texas Roll and the noodles were amazing. I have a new Japanese favorite in Lubbock

Reviewed 1 May 2017

I came with my wife and friends to the hibachi expecting to be dazzled by the culinary capers of a whimsical Japanese chef. He was ok. The food was lackluster, the shrimp rubbery. My wife and I had the chicken and shrimp with vegetables and rice.
My wife said the rice was outstanding. It was the best she's had at a hibachi restaurant. The chicken was alright. needed spices to make it truly palatable.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Tonight, March 25, 2017: We had the sushi and sashimi platter for 2, $59.99, which was worth every penny. Very fresh raw fish. I hope the standards will stay high and the food freshness and quality will always be excellent. The show given by Josh was awesome!! Great job!

Been to Hayashi? Share your experiences!