“Sells out quickly!”

The Shack
Ranked #3 of 679 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I arrived around 4:45 on a Saturday and the menu was almost completely sold out. The staff did their best to make sure my experience was a good one since I was a "Yankee." The BBQ did not disappoint. The cole slaw was also excellent. The mac & cheese was sold out. Portions are large. My only disappointment came when I returned to my hotel room only to discover the banana pudding the staff raved about was forgotten from my order. Otherwise, very good experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Whoever makes that brisket should be arrested, it should be a crime to make brisket that dang good. Wow sausage jalapeño is great as well. You will certainly get alot of bang for your buck here guaranteed. Go in hungry leave with a Togo baggy lol.!!!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

We arrived and we were about the 10th in line. We waited only about 5 minutes and they took the order. Waited another 5 minutes or so and out came the food. I had chopped brisket and coleslaw and beans, the other couple had chicken BBQ and they were very satisfied with the taste and quantity.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Traveling through the area so looked at TripAdvisor for a good place to eat lunch. I'm from Spokane WA and have never eaten TX BBQ. oh my goodness! What a delicious plate of chopped brisket, beans and coleslaw! Outstanding flavor and more tender than I thought possible. Reasonable prices. It's out of the city but worth the drive.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

if you're reading this review, pay attention and GET HERE EARLY! I can't stress this enough. They only make so much, and if you come in at 4 or 5, you're probably not gonna get what you want. This visit, I had a 2 meat plate with sliced brisket and chicken. Sides of beans and Mac and cheese. It was a lot of food but good! I prob won't get that much again.

Been to The Shack? Share your experiences!