“Parents' weekend”

Las Brisas Southwest Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Brisas Southwest Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 629 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$15 - US$90
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 114th & Quaker
Description: Welcome to the ultimate West Texas dining experience! Las Brisas sources only the finest ingredients. Our premium Angus steaks are all natural, free of hormones and antibiotics, and are sourced from one of the only third-party Certified Humane cattle ranching operation in the U.S. Our fish is flown in fresh three times per week and our premium produce is sourced from top growers with field-to-kitchen trace-ability and rigorous monitoring at all five stages of production to ensure quality. Our talented chefs are professionally trained and experienced in a wide range of cuisine. Our Award-Winning wine list is the most extensive in all of West Texas and boasts over 400 selections, including boutique and hard-to-find wines. We have extensive scotch, craft beer, and whiskey collections, and our experienced bartenders will hand-craft a cocktail to your liking. Our patio overlooks a pond and waterfall, and plays host to live music acts from the end of March through the end of October every year. We offer two private dining rooms to handle all of your business and special occasion needs. All of this culminates in an unparalleled experience for you and your guests. Whether you're dining with family, entertaining clients, or simply meeting for cocktails on our patio, we encourage you to escape the city, relax, and enjoy...The Las Brisas way!
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Nice place and very friendly staff. Our group had a ribeye, filets, and lobster Mac n cheese. Also we had the potato sides. All the food was delicious, about the right price for a nice steakhouse. Good wine selection. Will be going back.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This was a large group business dinner. I will give them credit is that they handled the table well with good service. What struck me are the absurdly high prices; the wine markup is far higher than I've seen elsewhere, i.e. $98 for Cakebread Chardonnay? The appetizer sampler is $70? The Wagyu Beet strip, $70, which might be acceptable if the steak were tender, but it really was just a regular steak.

1  Thank The_Cow_Whisperer
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I am honestly completely perplexed by the reviews I see on this restaurant. Are we eating at the same place? Are there two Las Brisas? Is there a secret password that gets you into the part where the food is excellent and wonderful? Are Lubbockites that absolutely clueless about what constitutes a good meal, service, or restaurant?

That being said, to the review. My last trip to this establishment was for a friend's birthday. Based on past experiences, I had serious reservations, but kept my mouth shut to be a good guest.

What to order? I know - let's try a prime rib. I mean, it's pretty hard to screw up a prime rib, right? Well, if that's the case, then Las Brisas possesses an Olympic mastery of how to ruin a meal. No hyperbole - I'm being as honest as I can be: this was the singular worst prime rib I have ever had in my entire life. Tough, cold, stringy. I love my beef, and I left all but the first three bites on my plate. A previous reviewer said it best - this is Golden Corral with lipstick. After three horrible experiences at this place, I will never darken the door again - even as a guest.

2  Thank hierhaus
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Great atmosphere in upscale neighborhood. We did not feel it was a good value for the dollar spent. Waiter touted mixed appetizer, but failed to tell us it was $55. We live in close proximity to the restaurant but do not intent to patronize in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

This is a restaurant that offers a somewhat out of the way experience. We enjoyed the good food and good service with the large water fall feature visible through the glass windows that are part of the dining area. I have to say I enjoyed the piped in music selection as well. Nice place to go as a couple, with friends, or as a group. There is a comfortable bar area adjacent to the dining room.