“Nice view”

Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Marble Falls
Reviewed 22 July 2017

It's all about the view here. If you don't have a room with a view then it is just an ordinary Hampton Inn in need of some upgrading. It is oddly build, in that the lobby is the second floor. I was on the first floor and overlooked the pool. Next time I will ask for the third floor so I can really have a better view.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor would be unobstructed for the view of the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Vickie C
HIMF, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Hampton Inn on the Lake Marble Falls. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the gorgeous view and will look forward to your next visit. Have a spectacular day!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Upon my arrival (12pm), no one was stationed at the front desk. It took about five minutes before the hotel manager, Kathleen, came up to the front. I understand that check-in is at 3pm. However, I have never had a problem getting into my room early. I flew in from NJ and was tired from my connecting flights. Kathleen stated the only room available was on the first floor and by the elevator. I'm a light sleeper and declined. Instead, I stated that I would head to lunch and asked when I should try coming back. Rather than answering the question, Kathleen asked for my phone number and stated she would call when my room was ready. I went to lunch to give time for my room to be cleaned and aimlessly drove around Marble Falls, TX. I arrived back to the hotel at 2:30 pm and spoke to another front desk person who stated my room was not ready. Usually when the front desk is aware that a guest has arrived early, they give housekeeping a heads up to clean that room first. I feel as though management intentionally made me wait until a few minutes after 3pm as punishment for arriving early. I find it hard to believe that accommodations cannot be made for a guest. I have worked in hospitality. We always made sure guests were happy from the moment they walked in. This is my second stay at this hotel. My first stay was uneventful. After this stay, I doubt I will return. Please note the behavior of these two front desk personnel should not be taken as a reflection of the other front desk staff. When the new front desk staff came on duty, both employees were very pleasant and accommodating when I went down to inform them of my sister's flight delays and possibly flight cancelation. Those two staff members should be recognized for doing their job well above what was necessary. Great service should always be recognized. Kathleen and her other front desk staff member should go for additional customer service training. Their behavior was completely unnecessary. Power trips are always frowned upon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HIMF, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

First, please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We appreciate your business and your valued feedback. Your comments and compliments allow us to continue to operate a successful hotel. I am very sorry that you were forced to wait 5 minutes at the desk when you arrived at the hotel. Unfortunately, Cathy was the only guest service representative at the desk at that time. Since it was noon and departures were complete, yet arrivals were not due till 3pm, she felt it was safe to step into the restroom. She had been on duty since early that morning and could wait no longer. Her offer to call you once your room was ready was one of sincerity and certainly not meant to offend you. I am sorry if it did.

The hotel was sold out the night before and since departure time is noon and check in is at 3pm, we only have 3 hours to ready our guest rooms. We are always happy to accommodate an early check in if at all possible. I do apologize for the wait you experienced but please be assured it was not done purposely, nor for any type of punishment. That would be childish and immature and I feel comfortable knowing my staff would not react in such a manner. Cathy has been here for over 7 years and receives some of the highest compliments from our guests. Many of those compliments are in person, sent to us through Hilton surveys, or multiple social media avenues.

I am sorry that the room Cathy offered you upon your arrival did not meet your requirements and for the delay getting you checked into the room you chose. I do hope that you will return in the near future and give us another chance at serving you in a more efficient manner.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We enjoyed our weekend quick getaway by the lake. We were able to relax and enjoy our time. Thank you for a pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel to anybody wanting to relax and have a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HIMF, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your recent review of Hampton Inn on the Lake Marble Falls. We aim to make every stay as pleasant as possible, and are pleased to know that your getaway was a success. We hope to see you again if you should visit the area in the future. Have a spectacular day!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The view of the lake is beautiful. Hotel is in a great location. Close to a park with boat launch, close to grocery stores and restaurants. It's steps away from Chili's, which is very convenient. Hotel is well maintained. The only negative for us was the beds. They are uncomfortable and feel "springy" when you sit or lay on them. Mattresses may need updating.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of Hampton Inn on the Lake Marble Falls. We are truly blessed to have such a convenient location near our downtown area and several restaurants nearby. Thank you for letting us know about the condition of the mattress. Please be assured that this issue will be addressed immediately. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Great location and friendly staff. Hotel is quiet. Would highly recommend this hotel. The beds are super comfortable and the restrooms are spacious.
Its a great location for a variety of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent review of Hampton Inn on the Lake Marble Falls. We sincerely appreciate hearing from our guests and it always makes our day, especially sharing your kind comments with the staff. Thank you for the recommendation and we do hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Marble Falls. Have a wonderful day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marble Falls
20.8 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet
21.6 km away
Best Western Post Oak Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake? Share your experiences!