“Great Hotel With Awesome Views of the Colorado River!”

Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Marble Falls
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Marble Falls for 3 nights. The hotel was very clean and the staff was wonderful! Very helpful recommending restaurants. The room was very quiet except in the morning time when the woman that cleans the rooms wanted people up, so she could get it done. I don't blame her, but slamming doors continuously was not necessary. The breakfast was pretty standard for Hampton Inn, but was good and the dining area had a wonderful view of the Colorado River. The swimming pool was right beside the river. We will definitely be staying here again and would recommend it to all our friends.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor. Room #327. Awesome view of the river!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
HIMF, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at Hampton Inn on the Lake Marble Falls. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for your feedback about the slamming of doors in the morning hours. I will be sure to address this issue with our housekeeping staff. We do look forward to your return should your travels bring you back to Marble Falls. Have a great day!

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I note this is the third review in a month commenting on the unbelievably bad behavior of the front desk afternoon/evening manager. Perhaps this woman is having some kind of personal issues that are interfering with her work? Not only is she disrespectful and dismissive, she is a bully. I arrived on the last day of Lakefest. I am from New Orleans, so accustomed to large groups and party behavior. But there is a limit, even in New Orleans, and that's when the behavior is unsafe and interferes with the rights of others.
Groups of drunk and disorderly guests usurped the use of the pool, and by the evening were quite out of control. They were drinking heavily. I witnessed their children diving head first into the shallow end of the pool, despite the "no diving" sign. I complained. The horror at the front desk called me a liar, and said she checked and they were just drinking water. She denied the guests were out of control and told me to close my window if I didn't like the noise ( my window was never opened.) Then she hung up on me.
I went downstairs to assure her that the situation was not good, and she tried to throw me out! She said I obviously wasn't happy, so I had to leave, and they had rooms at the LaQuinta. It was 10:30 at night, and I had a heavily bandaged left foot after breaking some bones. I stood my ground and pointed out that I had not caused any inconvenience or problems for any guests, had not broken any of the hotel rules, and I wasn't going to pack up and hobble over to the La Quinta just because I had the audacity to complain.
I stayed that night, and one more night, which was much better. Clearly, this lady cannot handle the stress and obligations of a big event. When I asked about security, I was told they were in the front parking lot. What about security on the grounds on days when a boat drag racing event is going on?

I'm sure this woman will respond with a myriad of excuses and attacks. But Hampton Inn corporate has to ask itself why this franchise is getting a series of complaints about this woman. As guests, we do not know each other. The common denominator is the bully behind the counter who either needs customer training or firing.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
HIMF, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear valued guest,

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Another Lakefest, another great stay at Hampton Inn Marble Falls - On the Lake! Thanks to manager Peggy Franklin and her great staff at Hampton lnn for making our stay so much fun. Hampton Inn on the Lake is the only place we stay when in Marble Falls. Comfortable, friendly and professional. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HIMF, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you so much for your outstanding review. It is a true pleasure to serve you when you visit us here at Hampton Inn on the Lake Marble Falls. We are always so happy to see you return for Lakefest each year and proud that our staff and facility are able make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope you have a spectacular evening!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Location - 5 star
Staff - 5 star
Cleanliness - 4 star
Beds - 3 star
Noise - 1 star (less than I star if you have a connecting room)

Stayed August 10th. Great place to watch the jet boat drag races. Location cannot be beat. Being able to hear every word spoken in the next room due to no insulation on the bottom of the connecting room doors will keep us from returning.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Talktoyou
HIMF, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Thank you for your compliments in addition to the feedback concerning insulation between the adjoining room doors. This is the first time I have heard this comment but certainly worth researching to see if it is an issued that can be remedied.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

More attention needed in housekeeping. Our room smelled and housekeeping forgot to clean our room after we were away the entire day. The breakfast was complimentary and we were satisfied. We would have liked a better experience from the start. Hotels should require a walk-thru of ALL rooms prior to customer check-ins in order to ensure cleanness and smell.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear valued guest,

I appreciate your honest and candid review and appreciate you sharing your recent experience at the Hampton Inn on the Lake in Marble Falls. I apologize for any inconveniences you encountered and do remember the issues with your room. The smell actually originated from the fragrances, both liquid and aerosol, we are required by the franchise to use in each guest room during each deep clean process, and once a room has been vacated. Our front desk log reflects that we were able to move you to another room that had not yet been deodorized but please feel free to contact us should you decide to return, and we will make every effort to prepare your room prior to your arrival as scent-free.

Our housekeeping records indicate that someone in the room on the 2nd day of your stay requested no service when asked by the room attendant. I apologize if this was a communication problem. All rooms are inspected by the Executive Housekeeper after each clean by the room attendant. I hope this helps you to better understand any issues you had and that you will return in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marble Falls
21.6 km away
Best Western Post Oak Inn
20.8 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet

Been to Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake? Share your experiences!