“Ugh... everything has been downsized”
Review of Chili's

Chili's
Ranked #171 of 321 Restaurants in McKinney
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

Perhaps the most unappetizing aspect of this entire experience is that they no longer have busboys. All waiters are not only required to remove plates and clean the tables they are also required to clean the food off the floor. So if you want to get into a booth that doesn't have food on the floor your waiter will be hand picking up other people's food and then with the same hand delivering your food to you. I witnessed this happen over and over again for the hour and a half we were at the restaurant. Then the food came. No longer do you get a healthy helping of fries. Instead, they now arrive in a cutesy little silver square thing. When you compare actual volume now, this is approximately 40% of the French fries volume you used to receive. On to the chicken sandwich. The fried chicken patty now fits neatly within the bun. In fact on some aress there's more bun than chicken. My wife and I compared the volume. The chicken patty has been downsized by approximately 40%. I could go on but it doesn't really matter. This place has become so corporate, so cookie cutter, so cost-cutting that I just can't wait to leave. It's just disgusting that the value has just flown out the window here. And some people in suits sitting around a table somewhere have decided this is the way it should be. I cannot recommend unless paying your own bill at a cute little computer on the table that suggests you leave a 20 percent tip at a low quality restaurant that's just barely a hair above fast food appeals to you.

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

Great service and love taking advantage of the rewards program. Service was friendly and attentive. I thought the food came out a little slow this time but overall a great experience.

Reviewed 27 June 2015

My daughter and I go out to lunch when we can and we usually go to Chili's. The tea is perfect and we always order and split a combination of the Tripple Dipper. Try ordering the bottomless chips and salsa with a side of ranch dressing. You're not going to lose weight eating like this, but it sure is good!

Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

This is the closest Chilis near my house so I keep coming back.. But not for the service. It's horrible, but the food is good. Love the soup and chips and salsa.
Go during slow hours to avoid walking out furious over lack of service

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had pretty low expectations because, after all, it is a chain restaurant. We eat several times a year at the Chili's closer to home, but were between sports games up near this location, so we decided to go here for lunch. I was with my husband and our kids and none of them could stand the food. My husband got a burger with a side of southwestern mac and cheese - the "southwestern" mac and cheese was so disgusting he couldn't eat it. Our 3 kids ordered off the children's menu and got the cheese quesadillas, pizza and kid's mac & cheese. I wish I took a picture of the mac and cheese - it was like Kraft instant, which we expected, but it was not mixed well and was all glued together in a misshapen towering mass like it had never been stirred while cooking. The quesadillas were tasteless with no discernible cheese and burned, and the pizza was worse than any boxed pizza I have ever had. The corn on the cob was overcooked with no salt or butter. None of the children ate more than a bite and my youngest actually spit out the one bite of pizza he took. I tasted each item thinking they were being fussy, but NO, it was as bad as they said. My potato soup was okay. I gave this restaurant two stars only because the service was good and the waitress and hostess were friendly. Definitely a waste of money, though. We ended up having to take the kids elsewhere for lunch at additional cost. I would not recommend this restaurant and we will never be back.