Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$302
Hotels.comUS$302
PricelineUS$302
TravelocityUS$302
Trip.comUS$415
Orbitz.comUS$302
All reviews spider monkeys beautiful hotel elmer lagoon jacuzzi luxury accommodations waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Las Lagunas, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Food: Eat in the restaurant, at the pool or in your room. Breakfast is included. Every dinner was exceptional - lots of options to choose from. My favorite was the homemade bread served at every meal. I must have eaten a loaf of it during our stay. Lunch/dinner is much more expensive than you will get in Flores, but that's to be expected.

Rooms: Beautiful, large and well air conditioned. Rainfall shower with very hot water. Screened in balconies with hot tubs. All the rooms have views of the lagoons, which are beautiful.

Staff: Maybe it's because it's their job, but they are some of the nicest people I've ever met. I enjoyed practicing Spanish with them and appreciate they wanted to practice their English with me. Special shout outs to Carlos, Yesman, Victor, Alex and Oscar. I sincerely wish them all the best.

Activities: Boat ride to monkey island, mountain bikes, swimming, spa, nature reserve, museum, plus they will arrange anything and everything for you. We were never bored and spent a lot of time just enjoying the views.

Location: The hotel is pretty secluded and about 15 minutes from Flores, so you need them to arrange for transportation. We got a tuk tuk driver to get us back to the hotel from Flores one night by navigating him with Google maps.

I highly recommend Las Lagunas.

Room tip: All rooms look out on the lagoon.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank seekingstephanie
Reviewed 20 March 2018

We stayed for 5 nights and had a great experience. We organized everything by email direct with the hotel and requested a custom package that included some tours and meals. Every aspect was close to perfection and our expectations were constantly being exceeded. Surprise cold beverages, bedtime truffles, L'Occitane bathroom products, private hot tub, happy hour drinks, and very little noise. The first night was so comfortable and quiet that we slept for 9 hours.

I included photos of some meals (and the dinner menu) which were consistently outstanding, thanks to Chef Michael and his team. Fruit juices are from fresh-squeezed oranges, papayas, and watermelon. The coffee, however, was just okay in my opinion, given the superior grade coffee that is produced in Guatemala. Each time we asked for a cappuccino we got a latte, but it was a good latte!

The beds and pillows are very comfortable, nice rain shower, good air conditioning, clean hot tub, good window blinds, mini-fridge, free Wi-Fi, etc. There are a table and chairs on the screened-in porch, but a more comfortable sitting chair here would be nice for relaxing and a reading a book, which I believe you get with an upgraded Master Suite.

We booked guided tours through the hotel to Tikal and Yaxha. They were well organized, and the lunches included on the tours were tasty and safe. There is a walking/biking trail on the property with two fat-tire bicycles available for use. Along the trail you'll find a "nature preserve" of animals which feels a lot like a zoo, although apparently they are rescue animals that otherwise would not survive in the wild. The Monkey Island tour is one hour, is free, and fun because the monkeys are living in the wild. There is a small but interesting museum collection of artifacts that is worth visiting.

We spent an afternoon at the spa on our own. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi were pleasant, and they brought lunch and drinks to the poolside rather than us having to go to the restaurant.

The hotel is only 12 minutes from the airport but otherwise isolated. It's about being away from the city and noise, and to that end, there is no active "entertainment" per se. Bring a book, watch TV, go for a walk, or just relax and enjoy the peacefulness. I recommend the hotel without hesitation. Resort map attached.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Anonymous_Canadian
Reviewed 12 March 2018

master suite. beautiful. restaurant quite nice. boat trip to see the howler monkeys was highlight of trip for the kids. highly recommended. greated with a cool drink. nice infinity pool. jacuzzis in the suite.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Blackberry Farm in Tennessee is our favorite boutique hotel in the US. The service there is, we thought, unparalleled. They actually asked our young son his favorite candy, went off property to buy a bag of Skittles, and had Skittles flavored ice cream waiting for him one evening after dinner! Las Lagunas did the same thing for my husband, who was obsessed with their homemade hot sauce. The super friendly wait staff asked Chef to come to our table to describe the local pepper that was used. Not only did he tell us about the pepper and his specific recipe, he sent someone to the local market to purchase some for my husband! Talk about above and beyond! And the prices there for real luxury are so low compared to the US. Muchas gracias to all the lovely folks at Las Lagunas. (And a special shout out to our new pal Elmer, who did the shopping!)

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jwilly1952
Reviewed 26 February 2018

The accommodations are on top of the water and they should advertise this. The rooms are gorgeous and they are like individual little houses. The lake the resort sits on is beautiful. The pool, the grounds and the entire property is serene, peaceful and beautiful.The view from the restaurant is spectacular.

Date of stay: March 2017