“Good stay! Charm!”

Isla de La Garena Hotel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Alcala De Henares
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Good stay! The room was very clean and comfortable with a great bathroom and shower. I loved the slightly 70's modern vibe of the built-ins and furniture.
I had an early check-out and the concierge actually made myself and my group coffees at 5AM - very nice service!
I didn't get to check out the pool, but it looked quite nice.
The location was great as it is close the airport and also very close to Alcalá de Henares - a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A very nice town to visit if you are flying through Madrid.

Stayed: May 2017
HOTELISLADELAGARENA, Director Comercial at Isla de La Garena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear MLtraveled,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your experience at Isla de la Garena Hotel. It is very important for us to receive such positive feedback.

We hope to seeing you soon,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2017

It might have been a great 4 stars Hotel 5 to 10 years ago. For how it is now 3 stars would be more than enough.
The room was not very well cleaned (pieces of bread were in each and every corner) anf frigo bar was empty.
SPA and Gym were ok eventho chairs were broken.
Not bad nor good.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Agnese S,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to describe your experience at Isla de la Garena Hotel. It is very important for us to receive your feedback.

We regret that your experience has not been entirely satisfactory.

We hope to seeing you soon,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Excellent staff who are always helpful. Tends to get very busy at the weekend as it has a very good outdoor pool area and also seems to be the local wedding celebrations venue, but weekdays it can be very quiet which is ideal for us. Only downside would be the quality of the menu at lunchtime if you just want a snack and not a full meal.

It is not close to the airport, 40euros each way depending which taxi you get, and there a lot of closer hotels to the airport if that is your preference.

Room Tip: High Floors have a great view of the pool and the mountains in the distance.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2015

I booked this hotel because of the price and because it was represented by ORBITZ to be close to the airport, as I had another flight the next day. However the taxi from the Madrid airport was 40 euros, and back to the airport a bit under 40 euros. I spent more on the two taxis than the cost of the room. The hotel was clean and the prices at dinner and breakfast were very reasonable. I could not get wifi in my room and had to go to the lobby to get wifi. Not much in the local area, but fine with me as I was only looking for a place near the airport. Nothing wrong with the hotel, but I will not stay again because it Is NOT close to the airport.

Room Tip: My room was at a far end. So maybe that is why wifi was so weak.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2015

Stayed here for business. The hotel rooms were good and the staff were really helpful. But if I am staying away for business there are really two other things that I am looking for the first is wifi in my room so that I can conduct business whilst at the hotel. I was put in room 228 this had no WIFI I went to reception and complained so they put me in 202 which was closer to reception but even this had limited levels so I guess you have to be on the first floor right on top of the reception to get any signal.
The second is somewhere to eat. When I asked about the restaurant I was told it was closed but they did bar meals which are great if you want burger and chips but on the second night they couldn't even offer chips as they were cleaning the kitchen so had reduced the menu. Whether this was true or they all just wanted to watch the football that was on I don't know.
It claims to be a four star hotel but I would not expect these problems from a hotel rated like that.

Room Tip: Find one near the reception as anywhere else and the WIFI doesn't work.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
HOTELISLADELAGARENA, Director General at Isla de La Garena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Dear Client, thank you for your comment. We take into cosideration all our opinions since they helps to improve.
Regarding wifi problems, we are working on them. However, sometimes they are due to our internet company supplier.
Regarding your problem with your dinner, we have a large Bar Menu available for our clients. It is true we have an offer for 9,90€ which includes hamburguer, club sandwich or cesar salad plus a beverage, and in case you stay with us several days it can be a bit sort option. However, you still have many other options from our Bar Menu.
We are sorry if the service provided by our waiters was not as good as you expected. We will work hard to improve this point.
Again, we appreciate your comment.