“Yummy Greek Food ”

Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Ladner
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: The Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant is very proud to serve authentic Greek dishes using time tested family recipes straight from Oropos Greece
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

From the moment we walked into this clean and bright and inviting restaurant, Courtney and Jessica made us feel at home. Owner, Sia even stopped by our table to welcome us. That level of care and attention translates to the food as well. We started with the Pan Fried Calamari which was cooked to perfection and served in a fabulous homemade tomato sauce. I'd go back just for that! Next up was the Prawn Souvlaki. Two skewers of nicely grilled plump prawns, a very fresh and yummy Greek salad along with homemade tzatziki and pita, a large potato and a ton of rice. A lot of food. All of it good but I wouldn't complain if there was half the rice. Looking forward to a return visit on the patio.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

My husband frequent this place on a regular basis. It's a small place, but vertically spacious, which makes it feel nice & open. Service is good, and the prices for the value of food are reasonable. I love the garlic prawn dinner with rice, greek salad, and pita. Though the sauce is a tad salty (& maybe a little heavy on the chicken broth taste), there's still a really nice garlic butter taste too. The portions are great! My husband & I tried the calamari - it was just okay - not too much flavour. My husband ordered the chicken burger with fries - he said it was just okay. But I said, ''come on, this is a mediterranean restaurant! Order what they make best!'' ...enough said!

Primerose is also a very generous restaurant. When I asked if they would donate a silent auction item for an upcoming fundraiser, they donated a very expensive bottle of wine. Sia, the owner, was very generous in doing this!

Enjoy a family outing or a nice romantic date in a relaxed atmostphere with great decor, and a place where you can actually here each other talk!! :)

Sia A, Owner at Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thank You Christine so much for your feedback and it was our pleasure to contribute to your fundraising. We live, work and play in Delta and give back as much as we can.
I will look into the garlic prawns to see if we can reduce the salt content a bit and you are absolutely right, we are GREEK and that's what we do best. Chicken burger is very popular at lunch and I will also look into how I can improve the taste.
I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

2nd time to this restaurant wanted to try something different. we shared a plate each of the different calamari's (tender and delicious). For mains my daughter and her boyfriend had the special, roast lamb, it was very good. My wife had the seafood medley in alfredo lots of succulent mussels, prawn's and salmon. I had the bison ribs, what a treat, fall off the bone, tender and delicious. All the sides were equally as good, I love when there's more then enough veggies and there were. Many thanks to chef Shannon and our server Rory who kept us entertained and our glasses full.

Sia A, Owner at Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank You so much! I'm so happy you had another amazing experience at the Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant! Being featured in the Daily Hive Vancouver and Experience Delta Magazine has meant that so many new people have discovered our exquisite Greek cuisine and more and more people are now calling us their favorite place to eat! Of course I know that we wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for the hard work and dedication of my amazing team. Shannon and Rory are both important members of my team and I feel lucky to have them.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

We picked the Primrose Mediterranean Restaurant to celebrate my son's 21st birthday and was impressed with the service, food and ambience. The owners Sia and Maria were very accommodating and catered graciously to our specific requests. We had quite a spread from appetizers, main dishes to the yummy bougatsa. Servings were huge and drinks were continuously being replenished - kudos to Georgina and Ramona for keeping up with our requests and serving my family with a smile always. Thanks so much again to the whole team - very much appreciated and we will definitely be back!

Sia A, Owner at Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Thank You so much for choosing us to host your event! It was an absolute pleasure to have your family dine with us. We are so pleased that you found our Greek cuisine to be delicious with huge portions.
I consider my staff to be the absolute BEST in Delta and I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed Georgina's attentive style of service. I wish I could have come out of the kitchen more than once to say hello to your family but as you recall we were extremely busy with several large parties and I just didn't get a chance.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I used to go here a lot a few years ago. Now there are new owners and it's not as good as it used to be.We walked in around 4:00 and the place was empty. The hostess said we may not get a table because in two hours they had many reservations coming in. Huh ? The place was empty !
We both ordered the chicken slouvaki dinner. It was not good. Chicken was very rubbery. The rice was under cooked and felt like I was eating chalk. The Greek salad had balsamic dressing ? It tasted very sweet. Half a potato was over cooked and very mushy. The old owners would not serve this quality of food.Service was good because nobody was there. They used to have cloth napkins, now you get cheap tiny paper ones. Too bad, was nice.

Sia A, Owner at Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Bob,

When you and your wife walked in at opening on Saturday my wife very kindly informed you that we were expecting a very busy evening and that we would gladly give you a booth by the window which we did but that the next reservation was coming at 6:00 pm just as a courtesy to you so you wouldn't feel rushed but I guess you just didn't appreciate the fact that we accommodated you! Just so you know we had a line up at 6:00 pm as expected and had one of the busiest Saturdays the Primerose has ever seen.
We use the highest quality freshest ingredients and that's what has made us one of the most popular restaurants in Delta and featured in Daily Hive (Vancity Buzz April 2017) and Experience Delta Magazine (March 2017). In fact when we took over the restaurant from the previous owners in 2015 it was 45th in Delta on TripAdvisor and today we are #5! I would argue that the numbers speak for themselves!
The potatoes and Rice are made fresh daily! By the way the food couldn't have been that bad since I cleared your plates myself from your table and everything was eaten including all of your Chicken and the homous appetizer. Oh and yes Greek Salad DOES have Balsamic dressing as well as olive oil and spices, believe us we are Greek!
We are extremely busy on weekends (not at 4 pm of course when you came in) and I would advise you to make reservations next time like most of our guests do but since you won't be visiting us again it's pointless.