“Awesome dinner!”

Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Ladner
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: The Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant is very proud to serve authentic Greek dishes using time tested family recipes straight from Oropos Greece
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Came here for a bday dinner with friends. Lovely light and bright restaurant with a great patio (we'll come to check that out another time). We started with saganaki (which was big!), calamari (a healthy serving) and a Greek dip (pink salty dip?)...all were good portions and fresh!

My dinner was the lamb souvlaki. It came with lots of rice, Greek salad and baked potato and tzaziki. All very fresh. The others loved their good as well.

Rory is a great server! Good humor and courteous!! Sia the co-owner greeted us when we came in and checked on us a couple of times during the evening. Great touch!! So many restaurants could learn a lesson or two from these guys!!

Sia arranged for the bday girl to get a bougatsa!! Holy smokes!!! That was SO delicious!! Even if you're not wanting to eat there, at least go for coffee and bougatsa!!

We will definitely be going back! Go check out this little gem!!

Sia A, Owner at Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Thank You so much Michelle!

We are so grateful that so many North Delta families such as yours are discovering us and making the drive down to Ladner for some amazing Greek food. We have been called the "Hidden Gem of Ladner" by so many of our guests.
As you noticed from your visit, freshly prepared Greek cuisine and large portions is what we are famous for. So many of our guests keep coming back for our many of our truly exquisite Greek dishes such as the Kleftico (Roast Lamb) or our Kalamari or Bougatsa!
I will let Rory know that you enjoyed his service.

Thanks Again!

Sia Adjudnai

Reviewed 26 May 2017

This was my first visit. Had heard lots of positive feedback from local. Restaurant is a local, family run business. Very bright and clean and also has a small patio for those nice days. Lunch menu had a wide variety of offerrings to suit all tastes. I had the Lamb souvllaki. Portion was average, but food was good. Only 2 beers on tap, none of them local (sorry, I like my beers). Service was excellent. Were actually served by one of the owners. Would go back and would also like to try dinner menu.

Sia A, Owner at Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I certainly appreciate your feedback on the local beer. I'm working with a local brewery in Richmond to see if we can carry 1 or 2 of their products. We carried 4 of the Four Winds products last year for about 3 months but had to remove them as they were not selling.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I have been to this restaurant several times and always enjoy it. Great food, relaxed atmosphere. Try the fried cheese! My daughter wants to go back just for it.

Sia A, Owner at Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank You so much Darren for your review! We are so glad you and your daughter enjoyed our food and atmosphere.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

From the moment we walked into this clean and bright and inviting restaurant, Courtney and Jessica made us feel at home. Owner, Sia even stopped by our table to welcome us. That level of care and attention translates to the food as well. We started with the Pan Fried Calamari which was cooked to perfection and served in a fabulous homemade tomato sauce. I'd go back just for that! Next up was the Prawn Souvlaki. Two skewers of nicely grilled plump prawns, a very fresh and yummy Greek salad along with homemade tzatziki and pita, a large potato and a ton of rice. A lot of food. All of it good but I wouldn't complain if there was half the rice. Looking forward to a return visit on the patio.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

My husband frequent this place on a regular basis. It's a small place, but vertically spacious, which makes it feel nice & open. Service is good, and the prices for the value of food are reasonable. I love the garlic prawn dinner with rice, greek salad, and pita. Though the sauce is a tad salty (& maybe a little heavy on the chicken broth taste), there's still a really nice garlic butter taste too. The portions are great! My husband & I tried the calamari - it was just okay - not too much flavour. My husband ordered the chicken burger with fries - he said it was just okay. But I said, ''come on, this is a mediterranean restaurant! Order what they make best!'' ...enough said!

Primerose is also a very generous restaurant. When I asked if they would donate a silent auction item for an upcoming fundraiser, they donated a very expensive bottle of wine. Sia, the owner, was very generous in doing this!

Enjoy a family outing or a nice romantic date in a relaxed atmostphere with great decor, and a place where you can actually here each other talk!! :)

Sia A, Owner at Primerose Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thank You Christine so much for your feedback and it was our pleasure to contribute to your fundraising. We live, work and play in Delta and give back as much as we can.
I will look into the garlic prawns to see if we can reduce the salt content a bit and you are absolutely right, we are GREEK and that's what we do best. Chicken burger is very popular at lunch and I will also look into how I can improve the taste.
I thank you for bringing this to my attention.