Willowbank Resort(Somerset Village)
Rosedon Hotel(Hamilton)
US$480
US$400
Watford Studios(Somerset Village)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Pompano Beach Club(Southampton Parish)
TripAdvisor
Fourways Inn(Paget Parish)
TripAdvisor
1,206 results
All reviewslong bayindoor poolturtle coveputting greendinner on the beachmain beachthe cottagesrepeat guestsjet skithe atlantic oceanwater viewthe main dining roomour honeymoonpeace and quietoff seasonother resortsmotor boat
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My husband and I got back last Wednesday from our trip to Cambridge Beaches and we had SUCH a great time. This resort was exactly what we were looking for to have a restful and relaxing couple of days away from it all. Really. If you can't relax at this place, I'm not sure what to tell you! There were many couples our age (30s) who looked like it was their honeymoon or maybe just a getaway like we were doing...and also many older couples or groups of families (no children). No younger aged teenagers or louder couples, which was very nice to us. We aren't picky people (and we like having fun, too!), but when we go away, we like the quiet...no loud bar scene or kids yelling and screaming. It was on the quieter side from the Sandals resort we had been to...and that was a huge plus for us! It was a clean, private (but not totally on your own) beautiful, and simple resort that had us smiling from the time we got there. Our room overlooked the Long Bay beach area and had a patio with loungers and an umbrella. If we weren't at the beach/pool or eating, I was out on the loungers taking in the view any chance I could get!! Our room was also just a short walk to the beach area on Long Bay and we were there every day. The tide starts going out around 4-5pm and if you hang long enough there, you can walk waaaaay out into the bay with the water only coming up to your hips. We just found that to be really neat. The food was delicious--again, we aren't picky people and thought the cuisine was outstanding. The breakfast buffet in the morning is such a treat--my husband and I were both blown away by the selection of food and how tasty it was. Much better taste than the all inclusive resorts. If you dined at Breezes (restaurant on the beach) and arrived early enough, you could grab a table directly on the beach. Such a fun little extra that totally made my day! We enjoyed a nice 30 minute couples massage in the spa--so relaxing! We loved how helpful and friendly the staff was if you needed assistance...and how they were not in your face encouraging excursions or bothering you to make purchases for anything additional. When we arrived in our room, there was a note to congratulate us on our 2nd anniversary and also a box of chocolates in the fridge. We were lucky and had the sun all 5 days of our trip. We couldn't have had a better vacation I think we will definitely be returning again :) Thank you, Cambridge Beaches, for a wonderful trip!!

4  Thank myeag925
Cambridge-Management, General Manager at Cambridge Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear myeag925
Thank you for your review and wishing you a Happy 2nd Anniversary! I am very pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us and found it to be very relaxing.

Cambridge Beaches is the perfect place to get away from it all or to be as active as you wish, it is all on your terms.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back for your 3rd anniversary and even one day make our repeat guest board!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Cambridge Beaches in September 2017. This was my second trip to Bermuda. I found this resort to be excellent in every way. The location is stunningly beautiful, with a number of the pink, sandy beaches that Bermuda is famous for, and accomodation that is first class. My cottage was very spacious and tastefully furnished in a classic Bermudian theme, with an amazing view across the nearby bay to Daniel's Head.
The staff are all very friendly and welcoming, and were always happy to help with any request. Nothing was too much trouble. Breezes restaurant is located right on the beach within the resort and is open early, serving food and drink throughout the day. You can take your food and drink on the beach, and the staff will wander along the beach from time to time to ask if there's anything you need. Tables are also available for lunch and dinner, with tables available on the beach in the evenings. The food is delicious!
The beaches are clean, beautiful, and well maintained - as are the immaculate grounds throughout the resort. There are plenty of sun loungers available on the beaches, and beach towels are provided (available from about 10am). The sea is warm and crystal clear, and provides fantastic opportunities for snorkelling and other activities. H2O Watersports provides snorkel, jet ski, sea kayak and other rentals which you can charge to your room.
There's a free shuttle bus to the nearby Royal Navy Dockyard, which is a great place to eat, drink and browse the many small shops for souvenirs. It also provides a transport hub for the island's ferry services, allowing you to get quickly and easily to most locations on the island, including Hamilton and St. George. You can get a bus from Hamilton to practically anywhere. Public transport in Bermuda is safe and reliable. There's also a bank and post office a short walk from the resort, in Somerset Village.
Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Cambridge-Management, General Manager at Cambridge Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Nick H

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us from your room, restaurants, beaches and our best asset - our staff.

I look forward to sharing this review with our staff and one day welcoming you back as a repeat guest!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

This holiday for us was most definitely an experience to treasure, the villa as many do over looking clean white beach kissed by turquoise blue sea, the staff so attentive and friendly, the quality of the food excellent, breakfast and high tea and evening dinning sublime whichever restaurant you chose, excellent choice of spirits and cocktails for all. Excellent spa facilities too, Admittedly not the cheapest of holidays but it was just perfect for us. The free shuttle bus to the historic dockyard allowing access to the ferry to Hamilton and St George's was great.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear oddjob30
Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you on a return trip in the future!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

So, you are coming to Bermuda and want to find the perfect resort. What are you looking for? Lets see if I can help you a long...

I travel quite a bit, and am not often surprised, but Bermuda, and Cambridge Beaches was a complete surprise. Here are the things that most impressed me:

The resort is immaculate. There -- the first surprise. I have been to a lot of islands, and keeping things tidy is nearly futile. I summed it up in a silly observation -- the sliding doors are smooth and quiet. Silly, right? However that is the attention to detail that you see in every corner of the resort. They keep the little things maintained. The sliding door to the patio, wooshed open, the tile/marble in the bathrooms, spotless! The perfect pillows placed on the bed or couch. These by themselves are almost unnoticeable, but combined help you to see why they get all the stars on the ratings!

What else -- they have an Oleander Scooters on the property so you do not need to go to a crowded place to stand in line for an hour...

They have views! Oh the views! The view for the sunset is probably the prettiest on the island. The views over the different beaches, all what you dream of when you think of clear turquoise waters, swaying palm trees. Views are so important.

The Spa - as soon as you walk in, you see the green and turquoise loungers by the pool and you again, see the attention to detail. No funny smells, no dirty mossy floors. The place looked brand new. One thing I loved was the Crystal Steam room. They have 4 large crystals of different types, and you can select the one you want to highlight, and you go into the room and is puts a light on the one you like (Amethyst?), and sends the steam out. Great feeling and energy. This and the steam room are great, but the only two places on the entire property that need maintenance and updating -- I am sure they are on it soon...

The grounds - every blade of grass seemed trimmed, every walkway clean and tidy.

The restaurant - Tamarisk was amazing -- do not miss the barbecue on Mondays - it will blow your socks off. This is not a typical barbecue... this has shrimp, oysters, mango pineapple coleslaw, breads of all sorts and so many meats, fish, pork, chicken dishes I lost count. Breakfast is included and equally surprising -- a chef to make your omelets, dozens of pastries and breads, juices and a whole wall of cut fruits. Details!

The beds were so comfy with high quality bedding and sheets, the bathroom amenities are large and super elegant, the living space was so spacious and went from room to outdoors effortlessly - from a formal couch to lounge chairs to watch the sunset.

Free shuttle to Royal Dockyards for shopping and restaurants.

I can keep going, but you get the idea. Its great. If you have questions, feel free to ask --

Room Tip: Face the sunset... it makes every night super special.
3  Thank theeshopper

Dear theeshopper
Thank you for your review. Your description of Cambridge Beaches and The Ocean Spa is perfect and describes what our guests experience and future guests can expect.

We hope to welcome you back one day on a return trip and eventually making our repeat guest wall!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

During a cruise to Bermuda, my wife and I stayed at Cambridge Beaches for 2 nights. We have taken over 25 seven+ day cruises and went on a cruise that only stopped in Bermuda.

Cambridge Beaches sits on 30 acres of meticulously manicured grounds on the West side of Bermuda. The resort is about 10 minutes by car from the Royal Dockyards.

From the minute our taxi driver dropped us at the resort we knew we were in for a treat. We were greeted by the Bellman who said they were expecting us. Yes, we had made reservations prior to arriving. Check-in was an absolute breeze. We were given pamphlets and info about the different resort activities. The Bellman on duty took us by golf cart to our villa. The one bedroom villa we were staying at had one main door that led to a villa on the North and one on the South. Basically, you don’t have any neighbors above or below you. Our villa was tastefully furnished with everything we needed. The villa consisted of a sitting area with couches and chairs, a small safe (which fit my 15” laptop), a small fridge, very spacious closet, vanity sitting area and a very comfortable king size bed. Everything in the villa was meticulously taken care of, from the fresh paint on the walls to the gorgeous updated shower fixtures. Every night we had “turndown” service, where they came and closed our drapes, turned on our lights and got our night pillows ready for a good night of sleep. Their maids did a terrific job keeping our villa sparkling clean. They came and went without ever being seen.

We walked the grounds and found an amazingly well taken care of resort at every corner. Not a blade of grass or tree had been neglected. Their ground keepers are absolute artists when it comes to keeping their trees, hedges and grass extremely well taken care of. I can honestly say that I was extremely impressed by how amazing the grounds looked. At one point, we ran into the General Manager and had to ask for the secret to taken such good care of such a large resort. His answer was “it takes a lot of work!”. His staff was always so happy to see us, from their ground crews to their shuttle driver. During our stay we rented a scooter at their in-house Oleander scooter rentals. Unlike the 400+ people who were standing in line at the port, here we were the only people in line. I had selected a scooter with low miles which I asked the attendant for. Before giving it to me, he test drove it and found a minor issue with the transmission, so he selected a different scooter and sent me on my way. My wife and I rode it all the way to St George’s town. On our way to our destination, we explored every tourist and beach attraction on our way there. The resort GM had warned us that it was a very long ride, he had suggested that we break up the trip and take rest stops on our way. We were so glad we did, because this allowed us to explore and enjoy the most amazing sites ever. He also gave us much needed advise on how to ride a scooter in Bermuda. He said to do the following:

1. Stay to the left. This allow other scooters and cars to easily pass you if needed.
2. He said that if we noticed a vehicle following too close, not to panic. He said the they would pass us in due time. This was the best advice ever! Since I would had totally panicked thinking I was slowing traffic down or being harassed by local drivers.
3. He said to take breaks and enjoy the scenery.
4. Last but not least, if you are not comfortable riding a scooter driving on the left side of the road — DO NOT RENT ONE!

During our stay at this resort we learned the following:

a. The resort has the best b-b-q in the island every Monday night at 7 PM at their Tamarisk restaurant. I will do a separate review of this delicious gastronomic experience.
b. They have taxis on the premises to take you anywhere you want to go.
c. They have a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Royal Dockyards from where you can catch ferries to other parts of the island.
d, They have one of the largest and most delicious complementary breakfast of any resorts I have ever stayed at. Seriously 5-star treatment
e. They have an indoor pool and spa with saunas and showers that is open until 10:30 PM
f. As mentioned above, they have a scooter rental place within the resort. It is owned by the Oleander company. This means that you can rent the scooter at the Cambridge Beaches resort and return your scooter at any of the Oleander facilities on the island. I found this to be extremely convenient.
g. The resort also offers romantic candle light dinners on one of their beaches. Unfortunately, we got back too late from touring the island and could not book one of these dinners.
h. The resort has one of the most romantic sunset vistas from the “Breezes” restaurant. I highly recommend you take advantage of this if you are staying here.
i. The resort’s complimentary wifi is amazingly fast for being in the middle of the ocean.
j. The resort’s staff has been amazingly trained to make every single one of their guest feel welcome and at home. My wife and I were greeted everywhere we went by their friendly staff. They didn’t just say good morning/evening. They actually stopped and asked if they could help us, wanted to know if there was anything we needed, were super cordial and polite and just a joy to be around. Kudos to their management for creating such an amazing atmosphere and for making us feel so welcome here.
k. This resort does not allow children under 13 years of age.
l. This resort has 3 restaurants onsite (Tamarisk, Breezes and Shutters).
m. Many of their guests come back year after year. Based on how amazing this resort is, I plan on being one of them.

Please keep in mind that Bermuda is like Hawaii. Meaning, most of their resources have to be flown in. Therefore, most items (food and fuel included) are very expensive. At $8 to $9 a gallon for gasoline, do not expect to have a cheap Taxi ride ANYWHERE in Bermuda.

This is a 5 star resort and as with any 5 star resort, you need to dress appropriately when using their restaurants.

My wife and I fell in love with this magnificent resort and their friendly staff. We vowed to come back again and to stay for several days. We loved this resort so much we are planning a large group of our friends to come back with us next year.

I try to be thorough on all of my reviews. If you have a question about this resort given my recent stay, please post a question and I will answer it promptly.

2  Thank Porscheotto

Dear Porscheotto

Thank you for such a descriptive and wonderful review. To take the time to write this for future readers is amazing and I am truly appreciative.

You have captured Cambridge Beaches perfectly and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.