1,255 results
All reviews indoor pool long bay turtle cove putting green dinner on the beach main beach the cottages repeat guests jet ski water view the main dining room the atlantic ocean our honeymoon peace and quiet other resorts off season motor boat
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

This place is simple amazing the staff can’t do enough for you and the relaxed atmosphere is brilliant

Koo In the main bar is just a legend, the Monday BBQ is amazing with fantastic food and Breezes has great food and it’s great to eat in the beach!

If you are going to Bermuda then look no further than Cambridge Beaches and with no children under 13!

We are back twice this year

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Darren L
Cambridge-Management, General Manager at Cambridge Beaches, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Darren L,

5th time visit gets a mention on our Repeat Guest Board, congratulations! It is always pleasing to see our repeat guests returning year after year, or even several times in one year. It goes to show how our repeat guests love everything that Cambridge Beaches has to offer and we thank you.

I will certainly be sharing your comments with our entire team (especially Khoo) and we look forward to welcoming you back, for trips #6 and #7!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

This was my second trip to Bermuda, my husband grew up visiting every year. Last year the same weekend (first weekend in December) we stayed at Grotto which did not disappoint. My husband chose Cambridge this trip because he had never made it this far across the island and has always wanted to stay there. We had visited the Reefs last trip and I was pushing that direction but.. it was a dream! So happy with the choice. Let me start by saying that we knew it would be quieter being this time of year. Weather was very cooperative for us being cool at night but I could still wear a dress comfortably.

The staff: Like all the reviews on here are say, everyone is amazing! From the young man giving us a tour and helping us with the bags, to the girls behind the front desk to the bartenders, they are all genuinely happy to be speaking to you and are willing to help as needed.

The spa: was amazing! I get a massage about 2-6 times a year back home near Boston but I will say this was potentially the best I have ever had! The fitness center was adequate and nicer in person that the photos. My husband enjoyed the steam room while I enjoyed the indoor pool as it was super warm at 90' ..perfect unlike the outdoor pool, freezing cold!!

The food: was great! We really enjoyed dinner each night. The menu was perfect as were the portions. Get the Lava Cake for desert! Breakfast was a buffet each day and had a surprisingly large spread. I hear they will cook to order as well.

Our room: We opted to upgrade to an oceanfront deluxe room prior to travel, I believe this is why we did not get an upgrade upon arrival. Our room was in a building called Daniels Head. Our view was of Long Bay Beach where Breezes is (if it was open) and of Daniel's Head of course. We could hear an animal moo-ing in the morning! There must be a farm over there. I will post pictures, gorgeous! We would ask for the same room again although, now that I have been to the resort I would be comfortable in any room when it comes to the view. The resort is tapered so in a way that every room has a wonderful ocean or harbor view.

Some things I want to mention is that traveling to Bermuda I had a few prior thoughts that now that I have traveled I want to mention.

Walkability: I like to take long walks. You can actually walk around the neighborhood surrounding Cambridge. There are no sidewalks but so long as you are careful, we took 30+ minute walks each morning. Also there is a little downtown of Somerset about a 10 minute walk with a few shops and even a local bar! Very local but super nice guys as we enjoyed a cocktail (or two) one night!

Dockyard: A 10 minute or less cab ride, we were worried that the dockyard would be dead and hard to find a taxi home. Not true! Yes it was slower with customers but as far as I could tell all the shops were open. We had lunch at the Frog and Onion which we found to be great!

We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Daniel's Head 6 - D6 Ocean Front with Lawn
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Katie D

Dear Katie D
Thank you for your lovely review. It is wonderful to read about all of the aspects of the resort that you enjoyed, from the room, food, spa and your walks into Somerset Village and your visit to Dockyard.

It is especially wonderful to read that you found the staff to be so friendly and caring. We strive to provide a comfortable, personal and inviting atmosphere for our guests and they truly care about providing excellent service.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Decided to go away for my birthday only 4wks before it actually came and I always wanted to visit Bermuda. So when I found a deal for under $1,200 for two people I grabbed it and patiently waited for the day to come. First of all its so close to New York it took less than 2hrs which I loved. When you are reaching the island from the plane view you can see the beautiful, clear waters which makes you get excited especially if you love to swim. Once we finally reached the resort using a cab from the airport you could immediately see the well maintained grounds. I love greenery so that was a big plus to see so much flowers, trees and plants. And beautiful butterflies. The check-in area itself is so nice, clean and welcoming. You are greeted with their signature blue alcohol drink at the desk. Which I liked. The breakfast was included so that also helps take off the worry of looking for something to eat when you wake up. The indoor heated pool was great at night,

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Suzelyn

Dear Suzelyn
Happy Belated Birthday and what a wonderful way to celebrate it with a trip to Bermuda, and I am pleased that you chose Cambridge Beaches! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and every aspect of our resort.

Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Cambridge beaches has a selection of cottages, ours was upper beaches with a great view of the beach. Large room included a fridge and complimentary tea and coffee. Bath was a jacuzzi with shower above, with usual complementary bath and hair liquids. If you find bed a bit firm mattress toppers are provided.

Restruant on site, suggest others include breakfast in the package and probably dinner in the winter as other eateries are not that close. Dinner menu is same every evening except for specials, so after a few days this was a bit samey. However food was delicious, well presented and tasty. Staff all helpful.Breakfast a great range of fresh fruit, cereals, cakes, cooked options, juices etc. Wine is expensive, as are all spirits.

There is a indoor pool, jacuzzi and steam rooms and several beaches, infinity pool outside with loungers, get there early they are in limited supply. Would certainly stay again.

However excellent cheap bus service into Hamilton every 15 mins Monday to Friday as well as up to the fort and ferry terminal Ferries go every half hour to Hamilton in the winter with a much better choice later in the year.

Weather in December very mixed, colder and wetter than we expected.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tallsally2323

Dear Tallsally2323
Thank you for your review.

I would agree with your advice for those not wishing to explore the island and restaurants that our dinner plan might be the way to go. December is apart of the island's slow season, therefore we only have one restaurant open as our other two restaurants are seasonal and outside. Those wishing to be apart of the dinner plan please be aware that it also includes a dine around and at nearby restaurants - so there are other options than eating on property at the same restaurants. Also breakfast is included in all of our rates - so great value there and is highly enjoyed by most that review on Trip Advisor.

The temperatures in December average in the low 70s as a high, and this December higher than normal temperatures and wonderful weather, but this is not guaranteed.

Tallsally2323 I hope to welcome you back, possibly during the warmer months and you will get to experience the resort in its full glory.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Cambridge Beach Resort is off the beaten path, but is a sprawling resort with mostly individual casitas. Most rooms have ocean or bay views. I was in a harbor view room, large, comfortable with a nice covered balcony. Small fridge, coffee maker and toaster. The resort is kept clean, grassy areas green. Two good restaurants. Outdoor infinity pool, spa with heated pool. Putting green and croquet court. Scooter rental onsite. Will be coming again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank frugalarnie

Dear Frugalarnie
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the property and we hope to see you again!