“Lovely gem with a talented chef who makes use of local products”
Review of Le Cygne

Le Cygne
Ranked #11 of 24 Restaurants in Le Bugue
Price range: US$18 - US$42
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

The restaurant at Le Cygne turned out to be a delight with delicious food that is beautifully presented. In our party one enjoyed the menu where he began with pate de foie gras, a round of really delicious pate served with toast triangles on a plate with cherry tomato halves painted with balsamic swirls. It was dense, very flavorful and rich. With that came a glass of the local white wine that was flinty and citrus-y and perfect with this course. His second course was a chicken leg and thigh confit, served along with fried potato wedges and a mixture of vegetables that was sweet-sour and crunchy. With this came a glass of the house red, a Cabernet-like wine that was tannic and perfect with that course. His dessert course was fresh fruit with Cointreau. My husband got cod with a walnut sauce, rice and the same vegetable mixture. The chef was willing to adjust my husband's choices to allow him to stick with his low sodium diet. I had the most wonderful omelet I think I have ever had--it was perfect, light and filled with ceps, big rich chunks of mushrooms. This was served with potato wedges and a salad of perfect lettuces with a very lovely Dijon vinaigrette. For dessert my husband got really good chocolate mousse and I got the restaurant's Trilogy of Ice Creams, flavors made in house and that night violet, speculation and rum raisin.
The ingredients used are high quality and the talented chef turns them into lovely dishes. I would suggest reservations as the weeknight when we ate there the restaurant was full.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The two of us arrived a little early apparently, and went to sit at a table set up for three but were told to sit at a table for two. Fair enough maybe, but the restaurant was completely empty. And a little later, when a (French) couple asked to sit at said threesome table, it was no problem!
We ordered steak. Waiter said, "Medium?" as if to pre-empt our anticipated British well-done preference. (Maybe I was looking for a slight by this point!). We both asked for medium rare as us our wont. The steaks were cooked fine, but very fatty and gristly. Desserts were good, but it wasn't cheap and not a great experience.

cot2013LeBugue, Gérant at Le Cygne, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

I just want to clarify as in all the restaurants, at the beginning of the service, we actually keep our tables set up in 3 or 4 place settings for 3 or 4 people who could introduce themselves and then as and when we propose them for 2 people eventually. So...

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is a typical Logis with good service, ambience, welcome and good food. It serves good wholesome regional food, which as general comes with a higher price tag. I enjoyed the meal, but this would not be either my first or last choice of somewhere to eat.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

A stylish and sophisticated restaurant, where my husband proposed to me. High quality food and service.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I loved the beautiful Cygne hotel. The owner and his wife were very charming and helpful. I was traveling with my brand new Brampton fold up bike and they had no objection to my carrying it up to my lovely room. In fact the patron helped me. My room was spotless, sunny, comforting and comfortable.