Villa Huxori(Hoxter)
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night whilst travelling through Germany in June. Stayed in the modern part across the road from reception. Rooms were modern and very large. Good off street parking with the choice of underground parking if required. 5 minute walk into Hoxter town centre. Very nice swimming pool in the basement. Breakfast was a very good choice of fayre, Reception staff were very helpful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

First impression of the room was that it was dark and dated, on reflection it was traditional and in keeping with the beautiful town of Hoxter with it's many beautiful15th century buildings, staff were extremely pleasant and food was up to standard, in short we hope to visit again with friends

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I reviewed this hotel earlier this year and have just stayed there again for 6 days. This time I had a single room at the back of the old building. This was very different to staying in the newly refurbished part. The bathrooms could definitely do with refurbishment. Mine was particularly dark - there is one light over the sink and this doesn't illuminate the bathroom well at all. You cannot see well in the mirror and the shower is pretty dark. The bed is also quite short, I have no idea how anybody over 6' would sleep comfortably. I would definitely request a room in the new building next time, even if it costs more.

I found a car park around the corner which is free overnight until 9am so managed to avoid the €7 / €4 charge for the hotel car park. The hotel car park is frequently full so I had to find an alternative out of necessity.

I struggled with the wifi codes again. I think I managed to connect 4 days out of the 6. The other days I couldn't get the codes to work and couldn't be bothered to walk back down to reception to get another code. I wish they would introduce a non-ticket based system.

Once more, the staff were very helpful, especially the ladies in the Sachsenklause bar. We were quite a large group and they managed to cope with us descending upon them unannounced in a very professional manner. Full marks to them for friendly, flexible service!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Booked the room the night before on line, and was a little concerned about where we would be staying. We found the hotel easily, luckily we travel with GPS, but more importantly the hotel's parking lot was just across the street. The reception staff were very efficient and helpful. The hotel is spread out over a number of buildings and the instructions on how to get to our room were a bit convoluted. But with the staff's help we managed. The room was good, nice and bright, with a balcony. The bathroom was small but functional, beds comfortable. We had a problem getting wifi in our room as it was so far from reception, it was available in the restaurant and reception, but rather slow.
The hotel is located right in the town centre so easy access to stroll and look at the amazing half timbered buildings. We ate in the hotel restaurant, it was the only place we could find in the vicinity. However the meal was excellent, consisting of local and seasonal food. The waitress was excellent, very friendly, and helpful especially with our limited German.
Overall, a great place to stay especially if you are going to see the Monastery at Corvey.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicki A
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times for business. If I am travelling with customers, this is the hotel I choose as it is consistently good. (If I'm travelling alone, sometimes I will pick a cheaper option).

The rooms do vary. This is partly because there is an old and a new building (on opposite sides of the street) but also because hotel has carried out a refurbishment programme. The newer building has more modern rooms and bathrooms. One thing to look out for is market day! If you have a room facing the street, shut your windows if you don't want to be rudely awakened at the crack of dawn by the market traders.

The wifi is free although you do need a code from reception. I have sometimes arrived very late and the reception is not staffed 24 hours. I let them know that i would be arriving at 1am and they kindly left me a key on the reception desk but no wifi code!

The breakfast buffet is good with a decent selection of food, juices, tea, coffee etc.

I haven't eaten in the restaurant in the evening because we normally go to the bar at the back of the hotel, the Sachsenklause. Here, they serve excellent beer and I also recommend the Hauspfanne or Hausteller as a main course. One disadvantage of the bar is that smoking is permitted but this suits some of my customers!

I have only managed to visit the pool once and having gone to all the trouble of finding the pool and getting changed, discovered that an aqua-aerobics class was taking place and the pool wasn't open to guests at that time. It's worth checking the timetable first.

The staff are always helpful and friendly. Parking is extra and I pay this out of laziness as I'm sure I could street park locally. It's not a busy town but there are parking restrictions in the streets around the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the main street if you sleep with your windows open, especially on market day!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business