Ringhotel Niedersachsen
TripAdvisor
Hotel Schleifmuhle(Holzminden)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We've stayed here once a year for the past few years. (The first year I tried to write a review also, but the hotel wi-fi was not very strong and I kept losing the signal, so was unable to complete the review, but we haven't had that problem since.)
The hotel is located right in the middle of town, along the pedestrian zone, so it's easy to get to everything, and is only a 5-minute walk from the train station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel pool is located in the basement, and is quite nice, though it's very humid down there, and you need to take towels with you when you go. The kids enjoy the pool, though.
We've stayed in the main part (older part) and the newer building next to the parking lot. In the newer building the rooms are a bit nicer and more modern, but we've enjoyed our stay regardless of which part of the building we've been in. This trip we were in the main (older building) and were given a room on the upper tier of the 2nd floor. You could feel the heat hit you as you mounted the stairs, so we were initially concerned about it being too hot to sleep, but our room had windows on either side, so we opened the windows on both sides for airflow and it was fine for 3 of our 4 nights. One night was fairly warm for sleeping, but this has been the case in other hotels in July as well, so I can't take away points for that. (We didn't try to request a fan, which might have helped.)
We stayed four nights and enjoyed the hotel's breakfast buffet each morning. They served hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, a selection of breads and pastries, a selection of cereal, granola and yogurts, fruit, and a selection of cold cuts and cheeses. The only day we had poor service was Sunday, which was quite crowded with lots of locals as well as hotel guests and they seemed to have less staff on hand than they normally do. Otherwise, everyone was very friendly, and the couple of times something ran out (milk one day, eggs and jam another) we simply informed them and they immediately refilled the buffet (within two minutes, both times).
We like that the hotel is located in the center of everything, and we can walk to one of the restaurants in the pedestrian zone to eat. You are also very close to the action on Market Days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Not a very big hotel, more an informal modern equipped medium sized hotel with character. The superior rooms are excellent and located in the same building as the swimming pool and sauna. Private outside car parking and a parking garage.

Room Tip: Take at least a Comfort room, but preferably the superior with balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Repelsteeltje39
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night whilst travelling through Germany in June. Stayed in the modern part across the road from reception. Rooms were modern and very large. Good off street parking with the choice of underground parking if required. 5 minute walk into Hoxter town centre. Very nice swimming pool in the basement. Breakfast was a very good choice of fayre, Reception staff were very helpful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

First impression of the room was that it was dark and dated, on reflection it was traditional and in keeping with the beautiful town of Hoxter with it's many beautiful15th century buildings, staff were extremely pleasant and food was up to standard, in short we hope to visit again with friends

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I reviewed this hotel earlier this year and have just stayed there again for 6 days. This time I had a single room at the back of the old building. This was very different to staying in the newly refurbished part. The bathrooms could definitely do with refurbishment. Mine was particularly dark - there is one light over the sink and this doesn't illuminate the bathroom well at all. You cannot see well in the mirror and the shower is pretty dark. The bed is also quite short, I have no idea how anybody over 6' would sleep comfortably. I would definitely request a room in the new building next time, even if it costs more.

I found a car park around the corner which is free overnight until 9am so managed to avoid the €7 / €4 charge for the hotel car park. The hotel car park is frequently full so I had to find an alternative out of necessity.

I struggled with the wifi codes again. I think I managed to connect 4 days out of the 6. The other days I couldn't get the codes to work and couldn't be bothered to walk back down to reception to get another code. I wish they would introduce a non-ticket based system.

Once more, the staff were very helpful, especially the ladies in the Sachsenklause bar. We were quite a large group and they managed to cope with us descending upon them unannounced in a very professional manner. Full marks to them for friendly, flexible service!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business