I chose to stay at Meliá Tamarindos as I thought the location by the sea together with the gardens would provide the right environment for me to relax fully.
As a solo traveller, I found the environment perfect for chilling out and reading by the pool. All the staff are simply wonderful. It’s hard to pick favourites but Joao and Josito who arrange the activities were a lot of fun, also they made introductions so I met some friends.
The hotel is very clean and although the rooms were a bit tired and in need of a refit- they are perfectly good enough. I upgraded to a seaview - next time I would ensure I had a room in the eastern wing to get the last dying rays of the sun. I could have upgraded to “The Level” for an extra £85 a day - the same price for two as one.
It is no doubt even swankier but not worth it if you are out all day anyway.
An enormous highlight was the trip to the hotels observatory and Frank opened all of our eyes to the myriad stars above us. Phenomenal.
San augustin is a small area, with a couple of small supermarkets and cafes. Not much to do but perfect for a fly and flop holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Set in large gardens, the Meliá Tamarindos overlooks Gran Canaria's San Agustín beach. It offers a spa, fitness centre, 2 outdoor pools and has its own observatory. The air-conditioned rooms feature a pillow menu, satellite TV and plenty of natural light. They also have free Wifi. Hotel Meliá Tamarindos has 2 outdoor hot tubs, and the spa offers a sauna and massage services. There are also tennis and squash courts on site. Meliá Tamarindos' restaurants offer buffet dishes prepared in the show kitchen, including Chinese and Italian dishes. The bars serve snacks and drinks throughout the day. The Level services are available in some rooms, and include a private lounge with free snacks, cafeteria services, private solarium for adults, Nespresso machine in the rooms, and 30-minute daily access to the spa. The hotel is 500 m from a shopping centre and 3 km from Playa del Inglés. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Melia Hotels APAC, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Tamarindos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Tamarindos Hotel San Agustin
- Melia San Agustin
- Melia Hotel Tamarindos
- Melia Tamarindos Gran Canaria/San Agustin