On arrival we were pre booked into a room in the annex block situated past the swimming pool at the bottom of the complex to the rear of the tennis courts. We had to carry our luggage the length of the complex and then climb 17 steps to gain access to the room. There are only 4 rooms to our knowledge in this hotel where there is not a lift available. No assistance was offered. The room itself however was fine but after spending one night there we requested a change to be in the main block and were relocated to a room on the second floor with which we were more than happy with. I did question how rooms were allocated and was told this was done at 06:30 each morning, without actually physically seeing the guests. The receptionist did admit that maybe we had been wrongly allocated on arrival. For someone younger this may have been an ideal room. The room numbers were 820 -823 so be aware if offered any of these numbers you will not be in the main block, not sure of the room numbers below these, probably 816 -819, it is a block of 8 rooms. The receptionist dealt with our problem in a kind and sympathetic manner. Apparently you can contact the hotel with your preferences before you arrive and they will try and accommodate your wishes.
After being relocated we then had a very pleasant and enjoyable time at this hotel and would have no problem in recommending it for those who like good food with plenty of variety and very helpful and friendly staff. The room service was excellent It was refreshing that the staff were not only courteous and friendly to the guests but also displayed the same attitude to their colleagues. It all made for a pleasant atmosphere.
Regarding evening entertainment you need to get to the bar early as the seats are soon taken. It would have been nice to have the pool bar opened to enjoy a beverage by the pool in the evening.
The rooms were spacious and clean and although we had room 233 on the side we still had some sea views.
Allocated sun beds is a master stroke as it meant you did not have to worry about finding a sunbed when required. The tags are removable so you could change if a more suitable location became available through the holiday. The spa was free and an excellent extra that we frequently used.
In the absence of not having a UK TUI representative the hotel was very helpful in getting us a hire car at reasonable rates with a company they use in Maspalomas.
The local bus stop is within 100m of the hotel and there are regular and reasonably priced buses to all parts of the Island.
There is a free library with a good range of books so you will never be out of reading material. The hotel backs on to the beach and there is a walkway from San Augustin to Playa del Ingles with some cafes on the way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Costa Canaria is located right on the seafront in San Agustin, Gran Canaria. It is an ideal hotel for couples in search ofa peaceful holiday at a hotel for adults only which, at the same time, offers every kind of leisure actitivity and entertainment. It's a four-star all inclusive hotel which is unique on the island, making it the favourite destination for many tourists summer after summer. Totally refurbished in 2014, it boasts a wide range of services and activities providing a friendly and personalised service that will make your stay at the Hotel & Spa Costa Canaria a frequent destination for your holidays on Gran Canaria. The magnificent rooms offer the very best views of San Agustin beach. You will enjoy stunning sunsets, clear transparent waters and golden sandy beaches. Your holidays on Gran Canaria at the Hotel Costa Canaria! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Costa Canaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Costa Canaria Hotel San Agustin
- Iberostar San Agustin
- Iberostar Hotel Costa Canaria
- Hotel Costa Canaria Gran Canaria/San Agustin