“Mamma Mia back on form!”
Review of Mamma Mia Ristorante - CLOSED

Mamma Mia Ristorante
Price range: US$18 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2015

As I wrote back in December, I found that Mamma Mia was closed when I visited it last year. Now I have returned and I am pleased to find it open again and under new management. It seems that the original team passed it on to other owners a year or two back; the quality of food seemed to go down and, equally importantly, the service was poor. It closed in the Autumn and was relaunched at the end of last year by the present owners.

Now it's back to the original style. The food is great and the waiter is friendly and passionate about the food they serve. I ended up going back twice during the week. It's genuine Italian food, not the massed produced stuff found in so many places in the area.

It was not too busy when I ate there, so I wonder if it is generally known that it has returned to form. I hope that those reading this will go there.

Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

This restaurant should be rated far higher. Home made bread was excellent as complementary . Lovely service. I had calamari and prawns starter (shared, huge portion), ravioli with sea bass and pistachio, then shared cheesecake. All the food was outstanding. Staff worked hard, were very pleasant and attentive, wine good and very reasonably priced. Ideally go early as the music from the bar next door is a bit much later on.

Reviewed 16 April 2015 via mobile

We have had dinner several times during the years in this restaurant and its always the best food and service one can wish for! If in Playa del Ingles this is a must go to :-)
Br
//Kasper and Christer

Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

Visited this restaurant twice in our 7 day holiday. Staff were really friendly and service was excellent. Of my husband's steak survey of every holiday we've been on he said this was the best steak he's ever had - I had steak on the 2nd visit and have to agree. Our children both had pasta and both said it was delicious. You get what you pay for - exceptional food and service.

1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 24 March 2015

We ate at Mamma Mia's two nights in a row. Would have eaten there more had we known about the restaurant sooner.
We had the antipasta for two to share as a starter & the entrecôte steak for main both nights. The quality of both the starter and the main was superb. The selection of different meats and buffalo mozzarella in the starter was delicious but the highlight of the meal was the quality of the steak, which was cooked to perfection, perfectly medium rare both nights. This restaurant also offers a house speciality of tuna tartare which looked wonderful. The restaurant is on the lower ground floor of the Yumbo Centre. The location does let the restaurant down a bit due to noise but is definitely worth visiting for top quality food and very good, friendly service.