“Good accomodation at a reasonable price”

Green Park Apartments
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is the second time we have stayed at Green Park Apartments. I made a mistake with the booking and inadvertently booked two studio apartment instead of two 'proper' apartments. I needn't have worried, the studio's have everything that the apartment's have and are of a similar size, the only difference being there is no separate bedroom, the beds being within the main room itself. The rooms are spotlessly clean and although they are not serviced every day, ours was done 5 times in the 7 days we were there. During our week long stay we had the bed clothes changed twice and the towels replaced 5 times.

Although the building and the interior are not particularly pretty, the reception area and corridors are always clean. There are two lifts and a laundry room should you need one. The swimming pool is excellent with plenty of sunbeds and the pool bar serves a variety of food and drinks at reasonable prices.

The apartments are central to the Irish Quarter of Playa Del Ingles and surrounded by bars and restaurants. They are also convenient for supermarkets and the bus station should you want to travel around the island on public transport, and only a 2 or 3 minute walk from the beaches.

The only downside as I see it is that you have to book via an agent. I will definitely be returning again and asked if I could book direct with them next time, but I was told that all rooms in the building are pre booked by an agency, who then sub let them to other holiday companies such as Holiday Gems and Lastminute.com.

If you're looking to be pampered and all inclusive in a hotel that looks pretty then this is not for you, but if you just want good, clean, comfortable accommodation at a price that won't break the bank, then Green Park Apartments is a must. We will hopefully be returning for a third time next year.

Room Tip: We had two rooms, one on the ground floor and one on the 6th. The ground floor rooms are cooler at...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Trevor H

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Just back from five nights at Green Park and in a way, this is a tough place to review- I'm a regular visitor to PDI this was my fourth visit this year, and this hotel would rank bottom of the places i have stayed, but also it was by far the cheapest!

I paid £180 for five nights, two people so it really was an absolute bargain and I wasnt really expecting much. But all in all I dont think I'd stay here again, for the following reasons-

The beds and sofa bed in the lounge were ridiculously uncomfortable,
No irons, kettles or hairdryers available,
The staff arent particularly friendly or helpful,
The noise. So much noise through the night with noisy people coming back. The walls were paper thin - there were three Irish ladies staying in the room next to us who i never saw but i feel like i know very well as i could literally hear every single word they said!

Having said this, i cannot fault the cleanliness and the pool seemed nice, so if you're on a budget and dont mind noise this could be the place for you!

As previous reviews have mentioned, the hotel do take a 100€ deposit on check in so make sure you factor this in.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Was a bit wary after booking then reading reviews. The apartment was basic but what do you expect for a 2 Star! It was clean and towels changed every second day. Sheets changed midweek of our stay (my only criticism as it was very hot) could have done with another change. Large balcony with sea views - I was in room 810 and it was sunny all morning and in shade late afternoon. Microwave, hot plate and basic Crockery etc. A 5 minute walk to beach and bars n restaurants on the doorstep. Pool bar does good ‘happy hour’ prices all day such as 2 large beers for 5 Euro and a range of bar snacks on offer. I found my stay pleasant - no noise as such - although on last 2 nights we had new guests next door who spent the days laughing and drinking - all good - then fighting in evening.....not apartments fault just selfish guests who give no thought to other guests. If your looking for a cheap n cheerful place to lay ur head then I’d recommend - great location for all amenities. Ps the 100 Euro deposit is a nuisance - factor it in before you go.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017

My daughter and I stayed for a week in this apartment. It was spotlessly clean, comfortable beds. It is ideally situated a supermarket just around the corner and a restaurant that does amazing stone baked pizzas, tapas ect.
The staff were friendly and helpful on reception.
The only down side was the €100 cash deposit you have to give on arrival, it would be much better put on a card.
Sadly selfish people staying were very noisy in the early hours this was continuously through the week. I wouldn't recommend it for families.
The pool we enjoyed, it was clean, staff were friendly. Cocktails could be improved but happy hour is good deal.
We had a lovely time here.

Room Tip: Higher floor better views
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here from the 8th to the 15th of September as a last minute holiday, for the price we paid we was surprised..
Great location as there is are 2 Irish bars in the same street O'neills is a good night out especially patsy(the drag queen) and Ellis the DJ. Supermarket is just down the road too.
Pool was great, sunbeds still around until 10.30-11.00 in the day if not lifeguard would try his best. Pool bar was nice and a good price. The staff were very friendly especially Mo that would copy our Welsh accent.
Room was basic but clean and maids came everyday! Comfy beds and chair and table on balcony.
All in all great stay and would return to Playa de Ingles as location was fab.
For the price you pay you cannot moan thoroughly enjoyed the holiday.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family