“Get what you pay for”

Green Park Apartments
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I’m currently staying here, just for a quick cheap break before Christmas. The hotel is ideal for what I paid, the rooms are decent and clean. Just the sofa bed could do with an update. The staff are very friendly, greeted every time you come in the reception, bar staff down at the pool always asking how the holiday is going. Only problem with this hotel is that the walls are very thin, you can hear people going out, coming in you can even hear people’s flipflops as they walk past, you can hear your neighbours, showering, snoring and whatever else a couple gets up to in a hotel room. The yumbo shopping centre is probably a 15-20 mins walk away and mid way there’s another Centre called Kasbah. There’s a Hiper Dino (supermarket) about 2 mins walk. There a lovely restaurant right outside the hotel. All in all very good location, ideal hotel, amazing staff.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Aimee-leig

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Situated in a good location, it was clean , however upon arriving to reception we were informed there was a €100 deposit . As we were a family with an 8 year old I was shocked, the only time I've had to pay anything near that for a deposit was on a boys jolly to Magga ! Alarm bells are ringing at this point thinking what have I done, it's gonna be rowdy! . Wasn't rowdy at all, you can hear people in the corridors but nothing unusual about that ! It's gotta be the pool that's rowdy I'm thinking so next day we find the pool ( reception never told us where anything was on arrival ) look ok, as we walked past the pool bar they all said good morning There is a sign saying. ( free padded mat with a drink ) perfect so I go up & get two drinks , its happy hour all day everyday even better, pay then ask for the matt to be told I've only got a few !!!
No shop on site even though they advertise one. Only vending machines
but it's cheap
It's clean
& staff are friendly
You get what you pay for !!!
Plenty of places around but mainly catering for Scandinavians ( not a problem at all )
Yes I would go back but with an extra €100 as we had to watch the penny's till we got it back lol

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I stayed here almost 2 years ago and had a good experience so rebooked in October 2017 . Unfortunately my experience of the green park apartments this time was extremely different - I have never written a negative review before but feel I have to share my experience with those who might be considering staying here - there were coackroaches in the living / sleeping quarter and also in the bathroom - in the end I captured one in a glass and took it to reception where the reception person simply offered me a can of insect spray and said he would report my concerns to the manager in the morning - but nothing happened - equally concerning was that I received quite a powerful extricate shock when using the toaster for the first time - I took the faulty toaster to reception where a different person said it was due to me wearing inadequate footwear - he did provide a new toaster which was fine but I would worry about anybody who was elderly or with a poor heart having a similar problem - finally I returned to my apartment one afternoon to find the door open - the maids has clearly cleaned the room but did not close the door - nothing was missing but I could have lost expensive clothes , perfume, luggage etc - again I reported it and the reception staff took a note but nothing happened - I never actually saw a manager all week but certainly felt that these things should have been taken more seriously - it's a nice apartment block, is clean and well positioned but these type of issues really need to be taken seriously - as you might expect I will not be returning ! Good luck if you do book an apartment here !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank bristoluk550
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Booked very last minute and was concerned after reading other reviews. No need to worry. Check in took just 5 mins (because 1 had the 100€ ready, I can read!). Room was simple, beds, wardrobes, TV, table, sofabed, fridge, hob, pots and pans, plates, cups glasses etc. Decent sized balcony with table and chairs and a rack for drying towels and clothes. All you need for a short break. Spotlessly clean. Maid service on every of our 4 night stay. Our room was east facing so avoided the full sun of the day and was cool enough. No air con, it wasn't needed. We could just see a glimpse of the sea from the balcony and a bit of the pool too.
Pool was a good size, warm, clean and always a life-guard on duty.
Pool bar does a good selection of drinks and great cocktails. Good variety of food from breakfasts to sandwiches to full meals or tapas. Bar staff friendly, chatty and fun.
The apartments are close enough to the main town (3-4 min walk) with all it's clubs, bars and restaurants, but we had no problem with noise at night either.
Supermarket around the corner has everything you need and a good prices.
We would definitely return if we were planning to go back to GC.
Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil A
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is the second time we have stayed at Green Park Apartments. I made a mistake with the booking and inadvertently booked two studio apartment instead of two 'proper' apartments. I needn't have worried, the studio's have everything that the apartment's have and are of a similar size, the only difference being there is no separate bedroom, the beds being within the main room itself. The rooms are spotlessly clean and although they are not serviced every day, ours was done 5 times in the 7 days we were there. During our week long stay we had the bed clothes changed twice and the towels replaced 5 times.

Although the building and the interior are not particularly pretty, the reception area and corridors are always clean. There are two lifts and a laundry room should you need one. The swimming pool is excellent with plenty of sunbeds and the pool bar serves a variety of food and drinks at reasonable prices.

The apartments are central to the Irish Quarter of Playa Del Ingles and surrounded by bars and restaurants. They are also convenient for supermarkets and the bus station should you want to travel around the island on public transport, and only a 2 or 3 minute walk from the beaches.

The only downside as I see it is that you have to book via an agent. I will definitely be returning again and asked if I could book direct with them next time, but I was told that all rooms in the building are pre booked by an agency, who then sub let them to other holiday companies such as Holiday Gems and Lastminute.com.

If you're looking to be pampered and all inclusive in a hotel that looks pretty then this is not for you, but if you just want good, clean, comfortable accommodation at a price that won't break the bank, then Green Park Apartments is a must. We will hopefully be returning for a third time next year.

Room Tip: We had two rooms, one on the ground floor and one on the 6th. The ground floor rooms are cooler at...