All reviews spiral staircase single level top floor self catering bars and restaurants central location mobility problems would stay again great apartments rooms are basic veronicas strip location is fantastic veronica strip apartment was clean pool side stayed here for a week sun all day
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Less than basic rooms! Why call them Bungalows? 9/10 of rooms had a circular stairway leading to bedroom and bathroom. It was too narrow to be able to carry suitcase upstairs. No soap for when you 1st arrive, no washing up products, NO FAN or AIR CON, no dustpan/brush, no Microwave, no hairdryer, no iron/board. A 12inch television. Some of the things you can manage without, but it would have been nice to have had the option. We faced a 6ft wall topped with lattice and plants, which "hid" next doors swimming pool. There was no sun through the wall, so sitting out was pointless.Swimming pool postage stamp size, no shallow end. The only good point "Bungalows" were near shops and restaurants, but no Canarian food available. The best places to eat or drink Giddy Goose and the Beefeater. I've never wanted the week to be over as I did here, glad when we moved on elsewhere.. I WOULDN'T GO BACK THERE EVEN IF IT WERE FREE!!!

Room tip: Make sure you are on the front and don't have a staircase.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mermor153
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

I'm just back from a week in there apartments the room was tiny looking right in to other apartments pool was a joke not once was the room cleaned walls paper thin kept up most nights with noise from pool area not to mention outside my room complained shouldn't have bothered as nothing was done €20 each deposit for room what a cheek save to say won't be back

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoanB1667
Reviewed 15 October 2018

very disappointed with the apartment, not the cleanest. Cockroaches running around, reported and was left a can of spray D I Y!!!. Staff are not the most helpful when faced with a complaint.Will certainly not be going back.

Room tip: Furniture and beds past sell by date.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
2  Thank jplant856
Ramon V, Director Comercial at Bungalows Barranco, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Customer. We regret that you have not been attended to properly. We will take the appropriate measures to correct it. Our apologies for all the inconveniences.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Great location! Swimming pool, I’ve seen bigger ponds than the swimming pool, very deep, it was no good for me as I’m 5ft 3 so couldn’t stand up in it and with me not being the best swimmer for me this was disappointing, the shallowest point was 1.60m then went to 2.50m. Rooms weren’t the best, ours was supposed to sleep 3 but only slept 2 but we made do, very open saw lots of naked neighbours lol. Very noisy between 4&6am when everyone gets in, stairs were a bit of a nightmare in the rooms, the rooms were never cleaned just fresh towels put in every other day, could have done with a sweeping brush. There was a particular man on reception who was very rude when I asked for any help with anything he would put his hands up to my face the younger guy was nice and helpful til the last day when the old guy was there and then he was rude too! Wouldn’t say it’s somewhere for a family really, ok for couples as a budget place to stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sjc9983

Dear guest. I regret that you were not properly treated by our reception staff. It is an issue that we will try to solve. Regarding the cleaning of the rooms, it is done daily, but if it was not your case, it could have been due to a planning error, and in that case you should have notified the reception. Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Nice room with good shower. Only negatives were lack of air conditioning preventing sleep at night, and also the lack of room cleaning / lavatory supplies refill in the last 3 days of the stay. Well situated.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends