“Fantasic”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Nest food I think I have ever eaten
Quality of food was exquisite
Presentation likewise
Very very impressed
Service very attentive also
Highly recommended

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Good restaurant with a good reputation and fully deserving of the 3star Rosetta.

Very welcoming and the large hall you enter is like a great hall from a Harry Potter movie.

Food was packed with flavour and couloirs burst off the plates.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

On arrival at Rushton Hall we were taken to our seats, at this point our coats were not taken. I felt we should not have to ask, so we put them on the back of our chair. None of the staff offered to move them at any stage during the afternoon tea.
We were asked by the waitress if we wanted any more sandwiches or cakes. We were then told by the Duty Manager (Bruno [--]) we could only have sandwiches.

Before we arrived at Rushton Hall, in a telephone conversation with Reception, I mentioned it was a 60th birthday celebration for my friend. The receptionist said there would be a little surprise for my friend's birthday celebration. Nothing materialised on our arrival, not even as much as a "Happy Birthday" greeting.
Halfway through the tea when my friend mentioned it was her birthday, a small card appeared on the table. It seemed as if it were an afterthought.
We spoke to Duty Manager Bruno [--]about our dissapointing experience but he was totally indifferent to our comments; most unhelpful and very offhand in his manner.
He became quite annoyed and told us he was going to speak to the General Manager.
On his return a few minutes later he said "you can have a glass of wine" he said in a patronising and disdainful manner. He was obviously not very happy about giving my friend a glass of wine.
At £26 each for what we thought was an overrated afternoon tea, we thought that the Duty Manager could have made our experience feel special. Not a bit of it!
A glass of pro secco was plonked down on our table, one glass, none for me. As a matter of courtesy I would have given a glass of wine to each of us, because so far we'd had a very dissapointing afternoon. Mr. [--]people skills were non existent. It would appear that he has had no training whatsoever in customer relations. He seems to have forgotten that guests, (whether they are residents or guests for afternoon tea), that we, indirectly, pay his salary.
My friend and I spoke to the General Manager, and owner of the hotel, separately. I was totally stunned. Uncaring, cold and extremely rude. I have been in contact with warmer ice sculptures. She did not have the decency to apologise to my friend, (who is partially sighted), for the very dissapointing afternoon. A thoroughly unpleasant, thoughtless woman whose customer relation skills are non existent.
It is her loss, because we will never set foot in Rushton Hall hotel and Spa again, nor will any of my friends or colleagues. What did this lovely building do to acquire such an uncaring and sour faced individual?
I feel sorry for the rest of the staff who have to work for and with her.
Reception staff were all very lovely and welcoming, and the waiting staff were very pleasant too. Shame about two rotten apples!
I forgot to mention that when being served with tea, one of the cups had a crack from top to bottom. When this was mentioned to Mrs. [--] (General Manager and owner), she replied in a very unpleasant tone of voice that it was of "no consequence"). No consequence - what happened to Health and Safety and hygiene standards? Absolutely dreadful.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Look out for the most superb food for mile around. This restaurant should be Michelin Starred. The breads were amazing and served with caramelised butter, amuse buche superb. The starters simply brilliant , main courses 5 star , puddings and cheese fantastic. Don’t take my word for it , go and try this place for yourselves, you won’t be dissatisfied.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

The fine dining experience starts in the great hall - cocktails anyone? A few nibbles gives you time to peruse the menu and the very well stocked, reasonably priced wine list. The dining room requires an elegant attire - so no jeans and flip fops thank goodness. Service is most attentive - the manager (Badge) is a credit to the restaurant. They are soon to have a bistro room. Wifi ? - if you must use your IT please go outside.