“Traveling through”
Review of Main Street Cafe

Main Street Cafe
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Monahans
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We found this place looking through google for restaurants around here. Stopped here for the type of food and good reviews. Well worth the stop. Quick service and great food. I had the fried cod with black eyed peas and sweet potato mash.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Have been here twice and both times food was good and consistent. The chicken fried steak is cooked to order and it is delicious. Great portion and no grease. Vegetables are good and people are very friendly and service is excellent.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Straight up ridiculously good!!!!
Stopped in on a whim and it was a great decision!!!
It's like a mini cafeteria pick your entree and two sides and a roll for a set price...add a side or desert for extra.
It's clean, the people are friendly and the food was fantastic. I had beef tips and rice and hubby had catfish. We had stewed green beans, creamed corn, mashed potatoes and black eyed peas as sides. They were like home cooking!!
(There is a great choice of entrees and sides)
The tea was great nice clear ice and clean glassware.
We saved the best of last..PEACH COBBLER..so light and delicious!!!
Give them a try!! Well worth the effort!!!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

My wife and I usually eat out after Sunday mass, but of late; we have not been doing that. This Sunday, we saw that Main Street Café was open and we went. I had not gone there in quite some time. Not because of a particular reason, just had not gone back. We did go back Sunday and will be going back.

I had the meatloaf and my wife had the fried chicken. Both were great. And the sides, well they were excellent. I had green beans, fixed the way mom fixed them with bacon, onions and tomato. Mashed potatoes were creamy and very tasty. My wife had the macaroni and it was good as well.

It was kind of pricy, but it was very good. Will have to visit soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

GREAT home cooked food...buffet style veggies and entree choices. For something fried, like catfish or chicken fried steak, you wait a couple of minutes. Well worth the visit!