Sleep Inn & Suites(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$104
US$93
Hilton Garden Inn New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$85
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

Homewood Suites by Hilton New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$116
Hotels.com
Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Village(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$130
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$81
Hampton Inn & Suites New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$121
WorldMark New Braunfels(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$209
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Gruene Homestead Inn(New Braunfels)(Great Value!)
US$159
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswater parkmaster blasterriverbend cabinsoriginal parkwasser hausschlitterstein loftsoriginal sectionearly accesspark closeslife guardsfull kitchengeneral publicstaying on siteoff seasonafter hourscomal riverheated pool
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We just returned from our 9th summer trip to Schiltterbahn. We always stay on site for the sake of convenience. It is so nice not to worry about parking every day. We either walk to the park or take the shuttle, depending on which park we are going to. It's an easy trip back to the room for lunch or a quick break.

A couple of years ago, Schlitterbahn made staying on site even more enticing by opening the tower at Blastenhoff an hour early for people staying at the resort. We head to Blastenhoff around 8:45 to get new arm bands and get in line. We are always able to ride the Master Blaster twice and the Black Knight at least twice before the park opens to the public. Once the park opens, there is at least a thirty minute wait for the Master Blaster, usually longer.

The new Stay and Play option is also fantastic, allowing use of the park from the day you check in through the day you check out, for just $25 per person, per day.

If you are expecting fancy, this is not the place for you. The accommodations are not upscale (except for the new Treehaus Resort), and calling it a "resort" is a stretch. The rooms are more along the lines of a camping cabin or an inexpensive motel. We have stayed in five different room types, ranging from the motel to a three bedroom house. All of the accommodations were somewhat dated, but always clean and neat with plenty of towels. The beds are comfortable, there is plenty of hot water, and the AC is cold. There are grills and picnic tables outside the rentals.

We prefer the Condos at the Rapids because they are a few short steps to the Surfenburg entrance and about a two minute walk over to the Blastenhoff. The shuttle to the original park is right outside the door. We love the washer/dryer and full size kitchen, too. If you rent there, be sure to get a condo that does not have bedroom windows facing the road, as it gets very noisy early in the morning.

Overall, we love the Schlitterbahn Resort. The service is great and you can't beat the convenience. We will continue to go back every summer.

Room Tip: Be sure not to get a room close to the railroad tracks. The train runs all night long.
2  Thank SoonerMom87
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed in a 3 bedroom condo with my 16 month old little girl and a friend and her kids, it was very easy to get to every part of the park, the view was amazing and the Condo was very home-like, they even had portable cribs available for my daughter to sleep in so I didn't have to bring ours from home. My daughter loved the parks, as did I, I also loved the ease of everything.

2  Thank Ashley C
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We recently spent the weekend in one of the double king rooms at the Schlitterbahn Resort in New Braunfels. We were looking for a good weekend getaway for a family of four on a budget and this was definitely it! Our room was plenty large enough and very clean, the beds were comfortable and there was no shortage of hot water - all the things I need in a hotel room. The staff that checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful (especially at recommending places to eat in the evening). It was wonderful to be able to literally get out of a few of the rides (lazy river type) just a short walk from our hotel room. Being able to take a quick tram ride back to the room for lunch or a nap for the kids was also a plus. I have to say though, that the stay and play package was the best part of it all - for $25 a person, we ended up with the equivalent of 2-day passes. We saved a bundle staying at the resort and this will definitely not be the last time we stay here.

3  Thank Erin B
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We had 9 people in our party including two young children and on adult in a wheel chair. We found the tree haus to be an excellent accommodation! From the comfy beds and amazing woodwork, to the full kitchen. This place is ideal. The park was not open yet so we had the place to ourselves. We could not have asked for more!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank MollyGwood
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed in room 218 last August with a friend of mine. Overall, we were pleased with our stay, but we did have problems with some very noisy neighbors (not the train, although we did hear it). That was when we found out that the office is not open past midnight which really wasn't helpful. Despite that issue, not having a dishwasher in the room, and the check-in taking an hour due to people asking a bunch of questions about the waterpark that were on the website, the hotel worked very well for us.

I've been staying here since I was a kid. Now that I am an adult, I understand now why people looked at me funny when I told them they should stay in the resort. Their name really is a misnomer. It is more like a B&B kind of thing without breakfast. If you are wanting a high quality hotel, don't stay here. If you want something that has room service, someone on hand 24/7, or immaculate floors, and you don't want to make your food almost every day and night during your trip, there are plenty of other places to stay in New Braunfels. Places that are much cheaper than the prices here. You are definately paying for the location.

Having said all that, I still prefer staying in the resort over going to a cheaper and higher star hotel. Why? Because I love getting up in the morning and watch the rides fill up. I love going back to the room to make sandwiches and hamburgers that save us so much money in the long run. I love being able to go back to the room to take a nap knowing that the rides are literally 5 minutes from my door. I love having extra access to the bahn pool and huge hot tub by the pizza parlor. I love having one extra hour access to the Blastenhoff tower. I love being able to ride the rides down to my hotel room. I love that if you get a bunch of adults together, the price of the hotel room is cheaper than going to the better quality hotels that are cheaper by the night, but not cheaper once you add a bunch of people who can pay. I love not having to park near the park after reading these reviews about how bad it can get. I love that while everyone else is waiting in line to get in the park, I'm already on my first ride after getting my wrist band before the park even opened. Most of all? I love that my park tickets are 40% off and I get a whole day free on my visit with the Stay N' Play package.

If all that sounds great to you and you can deal with not having a dishwasher (my biggest complaint about being at this "resort") and go in with expectations that it is an older hotel that has been remodled due to floods that happen every 8-10 years, then this is the place for you. For me, nothing beats staying on the propety.

Room Tip: Call the resort, and check out the park map. The rooms vary a lot, and if you want a specific room number, you will have to call to see if it is available. Also, plan your trip as early as possible. The best rooms fill up very fast (like 6-8 months in advance). It works a lot better than doing it online. Also, in the past there have been trains that go by the resort in the original Schlitterbahn section (near the 300s), but I have been told by the resort management that in May 2012, the city will be implementing a quiet zone, so that the trains can no longer blow their whistles in that area :). Rooms in the 400s are still my all time favorites due to the best location.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends