Lowest prices for your stay
US$84
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Booking.comUS$84
CourtyardUS$84
Expedia.comUS$84
All reviews stayed here the air conditioning off the highway clean hotel business trip lobby brand hallway housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2021

The room with a king-size bed is decent size for one person. The bed was very comfortable, although the pillows were a little too soft for me. Excellent bathroom, nice walk in shower. And the air conditioning is superb! I like to keep the fan running all night for that white noise which helps me sleep better.

Now the bad. No housekeeping due to Covid. ! I learned this on my first day after returning to my room at about 3. I will say that the front desk was able to rectify that and I did receive housekeeping daily for the remainder of my stay. I would have requested this immediately upon check-in if I had known. I have stayed in other hotels across the country during this pandemic and this was the first time that housekeeping was not offered. The next little quirk concerns the television. The TV is automatically set to darken when it is night time hours. The TV picture got so dark it was very hard to see. I wish the brightness could have been adjusted. Also, due to covid-19, there was no bar or food service in the front lobby Lounge area. Breakfast in the morning was the grab-and-go type stuff, and frequently the coffee would run out or was cold. And finally, to top it off, I was billed twice for my stay on my credit card. I am certain that should I have to return to Odessa on business, I will most likely find other accommodations.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank michaelh663
Anthony Snyder, General Manager at Courtyard Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for all the issues, we will use your comments to overcome this issues mentioned and become better.

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL. After booking room blocks for more than 6 years with this particular Courtyard and The Residence Inn next door, Anthony had a meltdown when I let him know that the Group Sales associate approved to extend the group rate and add more rooms to our block. He was offended that JJ, the Sales Associate, would offer the extension and additional rooms at “his hotel when he’s the General Manager” (his exact words). After telling him the hierarchy at the hotel is not my concern, he proceeds to say that if I want the group rate, it should be my concern. Anthony seems VERY insecure of his position at the hotel. His point of telling me, 3 times, that he is the General Manager and that the Sales Group works for him/under him dripped in insecurity and unprofessionalism. He finished the conversation by telling me the group block and rates we are reserving (6+ years with about 15/20 rooms each year) will not hurt his business. Best of luck to Anthony. I don’t see him as an asset to the Marriott Brand. General Manager position in the hospitality industry should be held by an individual who is courteous and confident in the brand he is representing. Not someone who throws a tantrum like a petulant child.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
anthonysnyder, General Manager at Courtyard Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear Theresa,

Thank you for your post. I apologize that the group you booked passed the date agreed to for reservations when you called to book yours. I truly regret that you not able to experience the good product and superior service that the majority of the TripAdvisor posts show for the hotel. We will take your concerns and comments under consideration and advisement. We do hope that the expo event this weekend is a fruitful one for you and your group.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 9 February 2020

We stay at Marriott Hotels and the Odessa Courtyard is one of our favorites. Convenient to our fleet location and right off the highway and away from downtown. Food in the area and good pricing. The lobby food is Ok. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. We will stay at the Courtyard unless we find a better value in Odessa.

Room tip: I like 2nd floor near elevator
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
anthonysnyder, General Manager at Courtyard Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

Thank you for the review! We are pleased to hear that you like the hotel and the staff. Looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Odessa!

Reviewed 9 November 2019 via mobile

Very nicely decorated and clean hotel. Stayed here this week on a business trip and staff was welcoming and friendly. Lobby and hallways were kept up and had a nice smell. Rooms were tidy just wish pillows were a bit more firm. Overall nice stay!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
anthonysnyder, General Manager at Courtyard Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to review the hotel. The staff and I are happy to hear that everything was to your liking. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

We stayed here due to Marriott’s reputation of being a good solid nonsmoking and clean hotel. Well, there was a chain smoker by the small pool area with signs around saying $500 fine for any smoking; however, when we asked the front desk the rules, they said it was ok for him to dominate everyone’s lung space and smoke at the pool. I mean one person ruins it and the hotel could careless. So, we just camped out in our room and let the red neck smoker do his thing.

The rooms were nice and clean and beds soft. Bistro was too busy to wait on anyone and a small cocktail was $9. Yikes!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
anthonysnyder, General Manager at Courtyard Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2019

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. Correct, there are signs for smoking inside the building as the postings read clearly read that. We do offer ashtrays outside for our smoking guests since it is not allowed inside. It is regrettable that this ruined your trip. Best wishes in future stays.