“Not What it Once Was”

20:00
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #96 of 1,006 Restaurants in Plano
Description: Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse embodies the rich tradition of the classic American steakhouse, serving USDA Prime Beef, fresh seafood and premium wines from our award-winning wine selection.
Reviewed 8 April 2021

For 25 years this was my favorite restaurant. After Landry's took over it has really gone down hill. They have changed or taken off the menu so many of our favorites. All three of us that ordered a filet had it cooked incorrectly, which would have never happened before. We waited more than ten minutes for an iced tea refill on two occasions. They brought our dinner in three different trips. First was the lobster tail and one steak, then two steaks and one side. The other sides did not come until 8 minutes after the second steaks came. We had to eat our steaks and then our sides to prevent the overcooked steaks from being cold. As long as it is owned by Landry's, take your business elsewhere. This is not the same Del Frisco's.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (99)

Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

I used to go to Del Frisco every2-3 months to Dallas or Plano location pre-COVID and I used to say it’s the Second best steakhouse in the metroplex. NOT ANYMORE! Let’s start with service: although the staff is very very nice it took way to long to get our appetizers, main courses and even dessert.
Crab cake was good.
Calamari was not good. Too much batter on too little calamari. Definitely not the “if you would expect from Del Frisco.
Ribeye was to hard without much fat marbled.
Burger tasted good but arrived cold.
Butter cake okay.
Chocolate mouse again not to the level u would expect.
It was nice of them to take off the burger and dessert off our bill.
I would much rather go enjoy the experience. Unfortunately it did not happen.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 13 March 2021 via mobile

We came here for our anniversary dinner after a last minute bad experience at another Legacy area steakhouse left us with nowhere to go.

The meal:
- We ordered the shrimp cocktail, and it was HUGE. So many shrimp, and delicious.

- Wedge salad was delicious. The bleu cheese dressing tasted so good.

- Bone-in strip steak was cooked to perfection. Tender and flavorful.

- The bourbon selection was good, but not great.

The Service:
- Troy was our server. This guy was on point. He was friendly, engaging, and offered knowledgeable suggestions. He was the perfect blend of attentive and non-invasive.
- Brittany the manager came by to visit our table, and she was so welcoming & friendly.

We felt welcomed at our meal, and enjoyed wonderful service. The food was so delicious.

Date of visit: March 2021
4  Thank Kentuxan
Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

We come here often and always love it. We avoid the dining room and opt for one of the two bars. Service is great and if you really want to enjoy it get a room next door

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank Bobby P
Reviewed 6 December 2020

First let me say the wait staff was excellent....we sat at the bar and staff was attentive and drinks were excellent. Perhaps I should have given a slightly higher review just because of the great staff. I spent close to $300 (for 2 people) including tip just to have a couple of drinks and the worst food ever. My husband had a filet mignon which he said was average at best.....menu doesn't include options for a baked potato (which to me is a given for a steak restaurant, but ok that's just me). I was ok with not having a baked potato if they served a good steak fry...nope, only had regular french fries. Ok I'll even settle for good french fries if that's all there is besides mashed potatoes. So ordered the fries. When dinner was served, out comes "COLD" and I mean COLD fries. The second they came out I sent them back. I also order the cauliflower steak. Admittedly that was a risky choice....I even said that to the waiter. I guess what I was expecting was something close to maybe what a restaurant would concoct like a veggie burger....lots of veggies combined with great spices/rice/whatever else to attempt a good seasoned veggie something..........nope, instead it is literally a slab of unseasoned cauliflower (maybe 2-3 inches high) with a few tablespoons of seasoned rice on top of it ....not at all mixed together to make it a decent tasty anything. OMG.....I was shocked such a prestigious restaurant would serve up such hideous stuff. Just to show I'm not a total 'bit...'. I did order an appetizer that was a bacon 'thing'. Can't remember the actual name as it was some French name....it was beyond great...really great. So As I write this I will change my review from a 1 to a 2 just because of that and the wonderful staff. Hey Del Frisco management.....don't blame your wait staff for your really generally bad food. If you see some of my other reviews I am usually positive and generous with my reviews so you can't say I am just a generally unhappily person who loves to slam restaurants......I don't. These are tough times and I love to see restaurants flourish in bad time when they deserve it. Clean your act up.

Date of visit: December 2020