“Great quaint Italian place to BYOB”
Review of Fino's Italian Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

Smaller personal setting place with an indoor and an added on outdoor (enclosed) room. Lots of different dishes, looking around they all looked great. We had spaghetti with meat sauce (really good and well made) and Gamberi La Casa (a little spicy as described and the sauce had some great fish flavor from the shrimp, another winner). Paired these with a Vino Nobile Di Montepuliciano, and worked well together. Also had the Portobello con Shrimp (2 big Portobellos with 2 shrimp in a balsamic reduction (well made and tasty). Cannoli' are good as well. Would definitely go back to try other thing on the menu.

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

For all you east coast ex-pats craving "New York Italian" or native Texans looking for great pasta, Fino's fits the bill. BYOB makes a great meal a great deal. The atmosphere is simple yet charming and the fresh pasta with classic sauce simple yet sublime.

Reviewed 31 July 2015

I almost hesitated to write a review about this place because you know how it is - a place gets really popular and then it's hard to get in there to eat! But their food is so great, I just couldn't resist singing their praises!

In 2012 my husband and I traveled to Rome and Florence and swore that American Italian food would be ruined for us forever. But then we found Fino's and we felt like we had a little slice of Italy right here in Texas.

If you're going for ambiance, you will be disappointed. Fino's is located in a little strip mall and the décor s very forgettable. Worth noting, they have recently added an enclosed/temperature controlled seating area outside to handing the increasing number of people going there to dine.

Contrary to the décor, the food is not forgettable. We typically get the calamari as an appetizer and it is cooked perfectly (not gummy or rubbery) and the breading had a great flavor. The bread they bring you is warm and fluffy and it's very difficult not to fill up on bread because it's so good. Their lobster ravioli is delicious and anything with a vodka sauce is wonderful. All their pasta is cooked perfectly and the flavors are very fresh. My absolute favorite is their rigatoni la vodka - the spicy sausage adds just enough heat and the vodka sauce is flavorful.

This restaurant is BYOB and the prices are very very reasonable. It is packed any time we go (even on week nights) so we often make this an early dinner to beat the crowds. It's common to see the owner walking around and chatting with the tables, much like we saw in Italy (he is from Italy as well).

Reviewed 24 July 2015

We recently dined at Finos and were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is small and casual and has a nice selection of classic Italian favorites. Our server, Jesse, was excellent and we were delighted with the quality of the food! I ordered the Bosco Salad for $4.99 and received a beautifully prepared gourmet salad I would have expected to pay double for! The bread and yummy olive oil concoction is the best I have had locally, and we enjoyed the Chicken Sorrentina with eggplant and Rigatoni All Vodka. Portions are large enough to split if you are not a big eater too;-) I believe most entrees were between $13 and $18. Finos puts the Shops of Legacy's Niccola's to shame! Best of all, the restaurant is BYOB so you don't feel like you are getting gouged for your favorite wine.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

We arrived at a good time, around 6:15 on a Tuesday evening. After that, the room was packed. I guess people love the fact that it's BYOB and it's about 85 degrees inside. We told the pompous looking guy walking around in a white chef's coat that it was hot and he explained to us that he's comfortable and our food must be hot. Well, ok. It's our fault that it's hot inside. The service was ok. I say ok because we did receive the food we ordered and water was refilled in a timely manner but there was no greeting by our female server whatsoever. That probably wouldn't have made the food any better if she had been a bit more cordial but it wouldn't have hurt either. The supreme pizza was very good and the chicken cacciatore was tasty but my pasta had an odd, almost burnt taste to it. I can't explain it except maybe the garlic was scorched and made it bitter. To me, it was just ok. I expected fabulous because of the crowd that had formed as we were leaving. The atmosphere was nice but they pack you in! Maybe that's why it was so hot in there. Also, there's a liquor store in the same shopping center so you can stop in there for your wine.