“Great Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 March 2016

The food was very good. I had a chicken and Italian sausage dish and it was excellent. My wife had chicken Marcella and it was great as well. The restaurant is a BYOB and will supply wine and beer glasses for you complimentary and there is no corkage fee. We had a large group of 22 and all of us were served our food at the same time. The bread was very good and all of the dishes were good portions. We will return again to eat there in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Up until recently, we have been to Fino's on a regular basis because of the delicious food and the attention to
detail they have provided. Saturday evening (2/6/16) we went to Fino's only to find out the place has been sold. I could feel something in the atmosphere that felt different even before I found this out. We ordered our usual Cesar Salad only to find it now had artichokes and tomatoes in it. The dressing was not the same and as far as I was concerned, it turned me off. Then we ordered our usual Veal dish and although it was good, the sauce just didn't seem the same. The service was mediocre and no one ever came over to our table to ask how everything was or to ask if we wanted more bread or beverage. Very disappointed because we used to love Fino's and sent many people there. I understand the old owner is opening up a restaurant in Frisco, and I can't wait to find out where and when.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Spectrum of Italian food, with salads, antipasto, meats, poultry, fish, interesting pasta choices and excellent pizza. We like the mushroom ravioli with a mushroom light cream sauce - amazing - and the pasta is all fresh-made. We don't eat meat/poultry so I can't opine on that. Fish is well prepared and fresh. Pizza is very good, made in wood fired oven. Recent change in ownership, but the same chef, and they've added some new dishes. BYOB with no corkage fee is a big plus.

One criticism - they changed the caesar salad description to include artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Two very small pieces of tomato (one half slice cut in 2) and one artichoke heart - either leave it out, or add some more.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

This place was great. Had great Italian food from the Italian owner and chef. The service was iffy but improved a bit. The owner sold out to a person that seemed to not have any people skills or how to keep the customers coming back. Our group of regulars and others that frequented regularly decided to move on but we gave it another try. The service was good, the food was excellent and we have gone back one other time with good results. We are on a visit by visit mode now. The great thing is that it is a BYOB place.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

We had not eaten here in a year and I guess there is new ownership. We arrived at 6pm. Did not get our entrees until 7:30. Three of the four entrees were not edible. Veal parm tasted like cardboard with marinara sauce. Sauce on lobster ravioli tasted like chalk. Chicken parm was burnt. Manager was indignant when I said we were not paying for it. Oh, yes, the heating system was not working so had to wear our coats during all of this. I was totally embarrassed as brought a couple with us who had to endure this. Couple at table next to us sat there for over hour and half also and saw what we were served. They got up and left before their food came out. Good move! Had to be worse dining experience of 2015.

2  Thank Caricky