“BYOB Rocks - Great Thin Crust Pizza & Atmosphere”
Review of Palio's Pizza Cafe

Palio's Pizza Cafe
Ranked #80 of 991 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Palio's are popping up all over the metroplex. I have found each of them to be fairly unique. This one at Park & Preston is a winner. It's in the SW corner, and not easily seen from the road. It's right next to Market Street. That positioning is a huge win-win. Palio is a BYOB and 1,000 ft away is a store with a huge eclectic selection of wines and beers. I've been to this location three different times. I pick this Palio over others because of the proximity to Market Street for the BYOB.

The pizza joint is nice looking. It's fast casual meaning you order and pay up front. The counter has specials on a chalkboard. Behind it the busy kitchen is visible. To the right of the order counter is the seating. I'd say it's broken into three main sections. The closest seating has a shadow box trellis that creates a bit of privacy and window seating. The main seating area is a combination of booths and bar-height tables with a rich burgundy color that accents nicely against the brick walls and beams in the ceiling. The back area is for large parties as another review pointed out.

I love the thin cracker crust pizza here. They cook it just right. Every bite has a slight crunch. Even better, the crust does not get soggy from the ingredients. It holds up until the end. During this visit, we had Noah's (pink sauce, caramelized onions, roasted chicken, bacon and mozzarella/cheddar cheese) and Meat & Cheese Deluxe (red sauce, pepperoni, sausage, beef, Canadian bacon, bacon and mozzarella/cheddar cheese). Both were wonderful.

We will be back. Cracker thin crusts that holds up, great flavors in the toppings, and BYOB with a store right next door to pick up an affordable good drink. Service is hit or miss, but never bad.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Tried Palio's a couple of times and still am not impressed. There are better choices for pizza in the area. Not a bad place, just not great either.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

I like the format of order up front and the bring it out. The menu is pretty good, caesar salad was quite good. Pizza was average, but not awesome. BYOB makes things flexible.

Did have a strange experience, however. We had a group of 12, everyone ordered and sat down at a set of tables. After about 15 minutes, food started rolling out and out of nowhere we were told that the "area" was reserved for a group of 60 and we had "to move." Because it was fairly full, we asked where, and the guy was like "somewhere else." Suggestion: if you are reserving a section for 60, put up a sign or close it off. Don't let people order, sit for 15 minutes and then tell them they have "to move." Fairly incredible for a neighborhood restaurant with somewhat limited seating.

SamKonnekt, Public Relations Manager at Palio's Pizza Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback, DallasLonghorn. We are glad that you liked our Caesar Salad. May we know what Pizza did you have? We also want to thank you for taking out time to share your experience; we have shared that with the team in store and we assure you, we will take necessary actions at our end.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I went here for lunch. They have a number of lunch specials for Monday - Friday for 8.99. All the specials come with a salad and a drink. I got an individual size pizza with 3 toppings (up to 3 toppings are included in the sale price.) The salad was tasty and brought out first. It was a nice size salad. I've had much smaller ones as part of a lunch special. The pizza was individual size and was divided in 4 slices. The pizza was tasty and filled me up. This restaurant is very nice inside and has an upscale feel to it. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

Great food, good place for all ages and casual dining! Lots of options, crust is amazing and my boys love it!