Days Inn by Wyndham Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$144
Hotels.com
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$184
US$169
Hotels.com
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$135
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$150
US$145
Tropic Island Resort(Port Aransas)
US$270
  • Pool
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$158
US$150
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$135
Camp Coyoacan(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$125
US$121
US$136
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooms are spaciouscontinental breakfastdeskfishingport
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here from 30 June-3 July on a mini family get away. Scott at the front desk was very helpful, I called the morning of check in because I realized booking directly with the hotel was cheaper than via booking.com ( how I had booked). Scott was great in explaining how booking via third party works and I don't recommend booking via booking.com!!
The hotel is a very nice modern up to date hotel. The breakfast is light not much variety but enough to get your day started.

A few cons:

1. The lighting in the room is not good it was way too dark.There are two lamps, no light at room entrance/hallway lighting is needed. I put my bag in the closet and I could not see anything (pics enclosed).
2. The hairdryer was not working, and they did not have another one I had to wait until the next day to fix. However staff did not forget, and the next day it was fixed.
3. The fan in the room was very wiggly! We were afraid it was going to fall!! So we did not keep it on. Please check your fan.
4. No swimming pool
5. No elevator if you have a handicap member I do not recommend it.
6. Laundry, only one washer and one dryer!!! Expect a long wait.

Pros:
1. Again, GREAT staff! Scott and Tammy were very friendly and helpful giving us suggestions on where to go even writing on a map for us!
2. It is in a great location! We rented a golf cart from across the street! And gas station is next to hotel.
3. The beach is right down the road!
4. The hotel is very quiet not a lot of commotion like at other bigger hotels!

It was our first time going to Port Aransas and overall it was a great trip. I definitively recommend it, its a very small friendly town.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Scott C, General Manager at The Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words and suggestions for improvement. We will wake a look at tweaking those few items in the room you stayed in so that it is better for the next guest. We loved having y'all stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Drove from Ft Worth on June 23rd 2017 for a fishing trip that weekend and arrived in Port A and did some shopping for the trip offshore before trying to check in to the hotel. Check in time is 4:00pm but my son and I decided to see if our room was ready so we could relax before dinner and attempted to check in around 2:45 or so. The receptionist was cordial and offered to see if housekeeping had the room ready to go but came back and told us it was not yet completed but she would be happy to call me on my cell as soon as it was done. I appreciated that gesture, as we had been on the road since 3:30am and conveyed same to the reception clerk but told her we were going to go across the street and grab some food so I did not want housekeeping to "hurry" with the cleaning. Shortly after my son and I ordered our food at Fins I received the call from the desk telling me that our room was ready and so we finished eating fairly quickly and headed back to the hotel. Once we got all of our fishing gear and bags into the room I went in to use the bathroom and when I raised the seat up I observed respectfully, that while the toilet bowl appeared clean, there was to use a polite term, some places missed during cleaning......on the rim around the inside of the bowl and some spots under the seat. I'm not going to describe it further and to be honest, I've seen worse at the Walmart restroom or in the facilities of some better restaurants,although I didn't choose to use those facilities. I also noticed that the towels on the rack above the commode which are always impeccably aligned, one was kind of tossed up there hanging over the edge of the rack. I was not very happy to be honest but my son had already flopped on the bed and was almost asleep and with all the gear we brought with us I I decided not call the desk and change rooms but rather find the housekeeping personnel whose cart I saw across the quad when we came up the inside stairs. (There is no elevator). I found the cleaning cart but didn't know which room the cleaning person was working in so I just grabbed some industrial disinfectant off the cart and swiped a couple of towels from another location and sprayed the toilet and seat down until it was covered in foam and then wadded the towels up and wiped it down. When I took the cleaner and the towels back to the cart I met the housekeeping employee who I thanked for the loan of the cleaning things but mentioned to her that my toilet was not clean. I was polite and she seemed actually a bit embarrassed . After returning to the room I discovered a piece of soap wrapper on the floor underneath the bathroom vanity and a wad of tin foil the size of a handball underneath the desk by my bed along with a few crumbs that looked like rice krispy kernels. At this point I went down stairs to the desk and conveyed the condition of my room to the evening desk clerk who was different from the young lady who checked us in early. In short I told her that I appreciate the special accommodation and the effort, but that I would have preferred that housekeeping didn't "fly" through the room just to get me in early. I also told her that I had already spoke to the HK upstairs and I didn't really want to see anybody get ripped over it.....The evening clerk took out a pen and a pad and asked me to repeat every discrepancy I found while she wrote it down....she told me there would be a staffing in the morning and all issues would be addressed.......she asked if we would like to change rooms....she assured me that management would be apprised and she offered to have our continental breakfast packed up for us in the morning if we were leaving to go fishing before breakfast was served in the plaza. She was apologetic and stated that they probably erred by promising to get me into a room too early. And she probably knows more about the Hotels staffing than the patrons ....and she is probably exactly right. When I came back from running some errands she approached me re-entering the hotel and informed me that the Manager regretted that their service was less than expected and was comping $40 off of my bill. Here's the short version.....the Hotel staff tried to accommodate my wishes to check in as early as possible and HK was behind and went through the room in a flash. Management would have cleaned the room promptly or moved me to another upon request had I just called the desk so management really didn't owe me a discounted rate. What they did owe was hospitality, accountability and a reasonable explanation of how they will rectify any issues in the future. And I got that. This is otherwise a pretty nifty place and a good location for access to the fishing docks which is all I care about when I'm in Port A anyway. Because of their ownership and handling of this issue I would probably give this place (The Place) another shot when in town. My .02.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Scott C, General Manager at The Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Hello Mike,
First let me start off by saying thank you for all of your patience during your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate it when guests are calm and understanding whenever the hotel is not able to deliver on what was promised. In this case we promised you a clean and comfortable guestroom and we truly apologize for the state of your room when you checked in. What you experienced was completely unacceptable and definitely not on par with the level of service that our hotel should provide. We are glad we were able to make everything right with you before your departure and genuinely hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Wish we would have found this one the first night.
Its only been open for 90 days.
New is always nice.
It's spotlessly clean, quiet and comfortable.
Going for that edgy retro mod look.
My only beef is no luggage stand. I guess the millennials travel lighter than I do. But that's not the Place's fault.
Good continental breakfast and locally roasted Keurig coffee in the rooms.
We'll be back!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan P
Scott C, Manager at The Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you Dan for the awesome review! We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The location was good as it was right off the ferry and across from an excellent restaurant and tourist activities. The hotel was very clean. We loved the retro look to the main lobby area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
ThePlace_Scott, General Manager at The Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Melissa,
Thank you so much for your kind words and excellent review. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel as much as we enjoyed having you as a guest!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

This brand new hotel is quite a surprise. We'd watched the building, which was a huge beach store that went out of business, get a total makeover inside and out, but we didn't know what it was turning into. It turned into a gorgeous hotel! We were able to get a last-minute reservation there for a weekend when everything else was sold out, just because people don't know about this place yet. I'm sure that will change in a hurry! The rooms are spacious, clean, and well furnished. The lobby, sitting area, and breakfast areas are beautiful, and the breakfast bar is excellent. This hotel charges exactly the same rate as others that aren't as nice. I'm sure that when the word gets out, this hotel will be full all the time.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
ThePlace_Scott, General Manager at The Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such an exceptional review!
We love to hear when we wow our guests. We hope to see you again soon.