“Still closed”

Ranked #10 of 86 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel opened this weekend, but the restaurant will take a few more weeks. Check the website. Very few of the restaurants are back open since Hurricane Harvey. Some are gone forever.

2  Thank PhilR845

Reviewed 18 August 2017

After one week in Port Aransas, and trying as many different restaurants as was possible, my wife and I decided without hesitation that Roosevelt's is our favorite restaurant. We enjoyed three fine meals at Roosevelt's. Our first meal was breakfast. Lafitte Benedict crab cake was perfect. I ordered my first shrimp and grits; the seemed dry and grainy, but I did not know what to expect. We knew that we would return for dinner. Dinner later in the week provided another leisurely, fine dining experience. Bagette style bread started our meal. All of us enjoyed freshly-made, crisp Caesar salads. The Roosevelt trio included a sautéed crab cake, jumbo lightly fried shrimp, and an oyster Rockefeller. These could be considered small portions, but satisfied my needs and allowed me to order dessert. My wife ordered the crab cakes which had no noticeable filler and were grilled, as crab cakes should be prepared. Coconut shrimp more than satisfied my daughter's appetite; lightly fried and not greasy. We returned to Roosevelt's for our last dinner at Port A. Parmesan crusted flounder and seared ahi tuna created final, fond dining memories. Wait staff was delightful, being attentive and helpful, obviously experienced and/or well-trained. A small, but impressive wine selection that included our favorite, Rombauer, was available. Deserts were perfect. We did not experience waits; we reserved tables at each meal and chose to eat dinner at 6:30. We were quite surprised to find this quality restaurant in Port A. The restaurant is small. Meals are pricey, but Roosevelts offers fine, quality meals and great service. We shall return. I would like to try the shrimp and tenderloin tower.

1  Thank BillM551
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We spent over 250.00 USD for dinner for 6 people. It took them 40 minutes, just to get our order, but that was the good part. It then took them 1 hour and 35 minutes to bring our entrees. When we asked our waiter about it he told us that "they were full and that we were told it would be a while until our food would come". Which would almost be ok if he had: 1. brought us water; 2. they had really NOT been full, ie only 33% of their tables were occupied; 3. He had given us a reason/excuse for the lack of service; 4. had a better attitude; 5. The food was actually good.

What an awful and expensive waste of time and money.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Continued Review of my Aug5/ dinner. 90 mins later we ordered 2nd bottle chard food is sure taking long with only 6 other diners. Qual, Groupers, 2 Steaks should not be Hour ++. Alas! Food arrives and waitress serves me a breast of Duck not Quail as I had specified. She said they had Quail. Roosevelt claims the Ultimate fine dining experience? Joke!
What is this? I'm not going to wait another hour for my Entree. I cancelled my dinner by than I was ready to go back to hotel. Not even a manager came by to try and fix it . We are regulars so not coming to this establishment again. There's other better dining places. I could have been at Denny's and paid for a good meal and even half of the bill.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Attended for a business dinner with six people - excellent service, food selections and quality wine menu.

1  Thank Backw