“Good Food. Terrible Service ”

Fins Grill and Icehouse
Ranked #13 of 84 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

The dolphin tour guide recommended this place and it was close so we tried it. The hostess was super sweet. She recommended some great choices and we chatted for several minutes. We were seated after a reasonable wait. They closed at 9. We arrived at 830. We asked if we were too late but she said no, we’re always here later so were happy to have you. We were seated then greeted by Taylor after a few minutes and that was the last of good service. Taylor brought our drinks and left again. Before she left, I told her my indecisive 3 year old didn’t know what she wanted to drink yet but would be ready in a few minutes or by the time she came back. After 10-15 minutes, my sister flagged her down. She came back and said “what do you need?” I asked for a drink for my child. She brought it back quickly and said she’d be back to take my order. After another 10-15 minutes I asked someone who walked by to get our waitress. She came over and asked “are you ready to order”? “Um. Yes!” We didn’t see her again. We all needed water refills. My sister again flagged her down and she came over like we were inconveniencing her. We asked for refills and when our food might be out. She brought our food out and it was good! We had to flag her down for a box and our check. She asked if we wanted the check split but we said no. She said well I separated already. My husband and daughter on one and my sister and I on another. ‍♀️ My husband attached both receipts and his card together but she never came back. I got tired of waiting and was hot so I took the check inside and interrupted her socializing time. Her friends were at the bar and we were inconveniencing her. She had to get a manager who was outside in the front (idk why!) to put the check back together. Had she quit messing around while working she would have been out of there much earlier. Because of her we were there at least 30-45 minutes longer than we should have been.
We ordered The Port A Burger (cooked well done even though Asked for medium well), Fried Shrimp Combo with fries & hushpuppies (delicious), salad with shrimp (good) & kids Mac n’ Cheese (box Kraft). The water tasted so good. It was filtered and cold!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

The seafood at Fin’s was very good. The portions are large which is good because it’s a bit pricey. Children’s menu was limited but had the things kids like...macaroni and cheese included. Service was quick and professional. We had absolutely no wait time but it was 5 pm on a Thursday, early in the summer season.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Not too busy, friendly staff, good food. Hubby had a burger and said it was really good, very large portion. Grandson had chicken fingers with fries, he liked it. I had the grilled fish and shrimp. Although the shrimp was a bit tough, the fish was amazing, I need had red fidh before! It was a bit over-seasoned, but I like things lightly seasoned. I'm sure they would've accommodated had I mentioned it. The salad was good and had more veggies than expected, dressing was the best, raspberry vinaigrette. The crab cakes tasted like they had previously been frozen, we should've skipped those. But, overall great and the view was nice. Tbe flies were there in droves though! I almost had to fight them for my food.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We love going here to eat on the patio overlooking the water. It’s become a tradition every time we visit Port A. In all the years we’ve been visiting, this is by far our favorite restaurant there. Great food and view! Very relaxing.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

not a good expierence at all!!! AWFUL !!! AWFULL !!! my husband was stung by a bee right after we ordered drinks and food. he had an allergic reaction , the employees did not care. The manager said we should not have sat outside if we did not want to get stung !!!!! all THEY WERE CONCERNED WITH WAS GETTING PAID FOR FOOD AND DRINKS WE COULDNT HAVE !!!!! we had to get my husband out of there !!!! DONT GO !!!! WE ARE NEVER GOING BACK