All reviewslaid backrooms are smallgreat local placefresh water pooloff season ratesshort drivejukeboxtvbeachportpetdunesurftexascoastmastergulf
Reviewed 31 July 2015

We loved this place. It was laid back and unique. You couldn't call it a boutique hotel unless maybe you were a pirate! The rooms are sparse but really we didn't go to the beach to spend time in our room. Was it clean? Yes. Sufficient? Yes. Location? the best. Convenient? Absolutely. Would I return? For sure!
We enjoyed the restaurant/bar several times. The breakfast was good. The bacon and cheese omelet was just WOW!
Two things you can do for yourself... take your own towels and pillows. The furnished ones leave a lot to the imagination. Since we always take out own beach towels to the beach and always take our own pillows, these things were no big deal to us.
If you like a place with real local character, this is the place for you. If you like a 5 star place, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cindy g
Reviewed 2 July 2015

When you take a beach trip you want to be on the beach. This place is perfect if you are on a budget or if you are traveling with a large party. The beach was a minute walk from the lodge. You could see the beach from the balcony. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfy. There is a fridge and microwave in each room. The lodge has a restaurant/bar on premise. You don't have to leave at all.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are for large parties.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia S
Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

I love this old Lodge on the beach! I like older places that have flavor and style instead of modern sterile places with no character. So, if you're like me, you should definitely stay here.
They allow pets, so bring your furbabies to the beach instead of leaving them at home.
They have a bar/restaurant and a swimming pool and are right on the beach so you don't have to drive anywhere if you don't want to.
A little slice of heaven in South Texas!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank thetattooedlady
Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

This is the only restaurant in Port Aransas that is on the beach. Its old but extremely beachy & quaint. Our group had burgers & fried fish sandwiches and the were good. The service was also very good.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Alan W
Reviewed 21 May 2015

Was there last August...my teenaged girls were making me crazy and I was in the middle of taking my Comprehensive finals for my PhD Doctoral Program...passed my finals at the beach...was able to watch my girls from the deck and work...while they were at the beach...originally planned to stay 2 days--they were booked but fit us in for 5 days...we had a great time...food is awesome and people were great...very clean and simple...service great...and lots of wine...lol...I ended up having some time to hang at the beach too...trying to get reservation for Aug. to return...hope I didn't wait too long...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family