“We just keep coming back”
Review of Genroku

Genroku
Ranked #150 of 448 Restaurants in Richardson
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 February 2018

This place isn't fancy by any means but the food is delicious and the staff is friendly. As far as the sushi goes, its pretty good. Not the best sushi I have ever had but then again, we are in Dallas, compared to other places in Dallas I have been, it definitely ranks up there. We absolutely Love the riceless sushi wrapped in salmon (can't recall the name). The other food on the menu is quite good as well. Our favorite is the Basil Chicken. We won't go there and not get it. We did get Basil Eggplant a few times and it was very good as well. I haven't really had one thing on this menu that wasn't good. The other nice thing is that the restaurant seems to almost always be busy but there is never a wait to get in! My personal only downside, its always cold inside the restaurant. If you are like me and prone to get cold, bring a sweater.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

First day in Dallas our friends took us to the Chinatown for a diner. The choice was easy as in this restaurant, they served vegetarian. The service was quick and the food was good.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Stopped for lunch and just picked Genroku out of a group of Asian restaurants in a large strip shopping center of Asian businesses. Sorry to say the luncheon mixed veggies with chicken was absolutely average at best. Without the addition of some (a lot) of hot sauce it would have been even worse. Nothing special and nothing worth making either of us to stop here again. My wife (Asian) loves white rice and this did not impress her in the least so for me who is not much of a rice eater it was not too good.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I never visit Texas without a trip here. The sushi is incredible but I come for other dishes usually. The fried pork cutlet and stir fried eggs and tomatoes are my favorite. I have been coming for the last 16 years and I am never disappointed. Diners should know this is Taiwanese food, not Chinese so if that is what you want, try somewhere else. But if you want something different and extremely good, go to Genroku!

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

This place is an a strip center that had all Asian type restaurants and stores. Genroku was crowded and the food was plentiful and good. The chicken with sour mustard greens and the salt and pepper flounder were excellent.